October 19, 2013

Fit Because of the Cross

Beauty might not be in the slim lines of a fashion model.

And it might not be in the defined curves of a body builder either.

We aren't one dimensional.  God created a whole person that is mind, body, and spirit.

But beauty might just be found in fully realizing the gifts that God has given us, in digging deep within our souls and far into the wonders of God's Word to be all that he intends physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually.  Inner strength that comes from tapping into the resources God has given us, by saying yes to the completeness of who He is and the gifts he has placed at our fingertips, is truly beautiful.

This video may inspire you to put on your running shoes, but I hope it inspires you to dig deep and ask yourself if you are developing your inner person with the discipline of an athlete, fit because of the Cross.


I've been away from social media for a month and away from blogging even longer.  I have been digging deep, and listening to the Lord.  I come back almost with fear and trepidation as I have so enjoyed my time alone with God in the quiet, so I return slowly and possibly in fits and starts.  I'm glad to be back among friends though, and look forward to hearing from you.

Sharing with Still Saturday, Spiritual Sundays, Sunday Stillness, and the Weekend Brew.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Stephani
    I think true beauty in anyone, not just a woman, is a gentle, loving and kind spirit. This can happen only when our gentle, humble Lord a Jesus lives in us and we in Him. We need to learn how to abide in the Vine with our Pappa the Gardener.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Stephani - and to Pollywog Creek this month. As mentioned elsewhere, Beth Moore talks about us not being lightweight Christians, but disciplined in perseverance and faith. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's so good to see you and your words together and what a powerful and beautiful post to return with. I love this and so blessed by it today. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Stephani, I've missed you but do admire your time away. Hope you have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timely post for me as I've been wondering what my purpose is and what God wants me to do. Hope I figure it out soon! Glad to see you blogging again and sharing your Godly wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to see you here again, but I applaud your discipline to dig deeper into God's Word. And I say it all the time, especially to myself, blogging should be a joy, not an obligation.my son does Crossfit, he will enjoy this video too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed you but I'm so glad you had time away with the Lord. Time in His Word, to hear His voice, brings a beauty that can't be measured. I look forward to hearing more from your time away.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!