August 28, 2013

Too Many Tomatoes

bacon and tomato sandwiches

sliced tomatoes sprinkled with salt

tomato soup

braised okra and cherry tomatoes

poor boy sandwiches

summer salads

gift giving

donations to the food pantry

popping cherry tomatoes like they're candy - they're sure sweet enough!


These are just a few of the things we do with our summer tomatoes, but the plants are producing faster than we can keep up with.  My dining room table is covered in Romas, Cherries, and Slicing tomatoes!  We have pounds and pounds of them.   It's time to break out the mason jars and get to canning some homemade spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, and maybe we'll even make up some ketchup this year! It's a bountiful blessing, but it's lots of work!  I wish you all could come over for a canning party.  It sure would make the work seem a lot less like work!

How about you?  Do you have a garden?  What did you plant this year?

Today I'm sharing with my friend Beth and her brand new link up - Three Word Wednesday.  My three words are, Too Many Tomatoes!

I'm also sharing with Sarah for Click and Submit/Wordless Wednesday. (Can you have a three word Wednesday and wordless Wednesday together?).  I haven't participated in a photography link up in ages.  I've been on a photography hiatus and it's been tough getting back to it!

12 comments:

  1. Love it! I love how anything goes with this ThreeWordWednesday link up. Love how you brought wordless Wednesday and three word Wednesday together. All smiles! Your tomatoes sound fabulous. I don't have a green thumb but I love lots and lots of veggies. {Hugs} Thanks for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a green thumb either Beth. My husband does all of the gardening work. I just get to enjoy and can!

      Delete
  2. Hi Stephani! My husband wishes he had your problem, he loves tomatoes. He says he didn't fertilize correctly, so his cherry tomato crop is a little sparse. He uses the term 'like sugar', and I notice you used 'like candy'. Enjoy!

    Nice to meet you today on this new bloghop!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Ceil! My husband is the expert, I just get to enjoy! And yes, they are definitely a sweet treat!

      Delete
  3. Tomatoes remind me of my father who was known for growing big, juicy 'better boys' every summer. Thankful my dad shared his gardening tips with my husband, who now continues the tradition :) for me, fresh tomatoes spell SUMMER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Mitzi! Yes, tomatoes definitely = summer!

      Delete
  4. Love this! It made me laugh. And how very true. Every day my husband comes home from work with tomatoes from someone's garden. Love that they are something everyone wants to share.
    Blessings,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Joanne - everyone likes garden tomatoes don't they. We've been sharing them, but maybe we need to share more!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a gardener, but I would love to learn more and have a little patch of produce in my backyard. One day ... :) Loved your post. I'm visiting from Beth's Three Word Wednesday link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much for gardening. If I had one, I'd plant herbs, like rosemary and cilantro! Love your take on the three word wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, we have tomatoes and more tomatoes as well. Hubby must have thought he was supplying the community. We have shared and shared this summer. I do not eat tomatoes so I just really do not get the whole tomato thing. :o) I have never canned anything but guess it's never too late to start. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a garden, but my husband and I have sure thought about it. Need to do some research on what would survive our cold, snowy winters. But we love the idea of becoming more self-sustaining.

    Nature's bounty sure speaks to us of the Lord's loving care as our Provider, huh?!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!