April 9, 2013

You're Very Own Millionaire

I thought I'd lighten things up a bit today!  You know me, I get pretty serious here on this blog.  I spend a lot of time reading, thinking, pondering, pouring over things, and spilling them out here on this screen.   But, life doesn't just happen in the deep places, it also happens in the kitchen!   Today we've got food for the tummy, and boy is it yummy!

This is my husband's absolute favorite pie, and I knew if I was ever going to make it for him, I was going to have to get the best recipe I could find, so who better to get it from than his very own mother!

Millionaire Pie


So, here we go . .  .

Part One - The Base

1 9-inch pie shell
1/4 stick of butter at room temperature
1/2 pound powdered sugar
3 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Whip butter, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Pour into baked pie shell and spread with the following:

(Now don't eat all that yellow rich goodness before you make the topping!  If you do that, you won't have a pie to share, unless of course that is what you're hoping for!)

Part Two - The Topping

1 cup whipping cream
5 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 cup crushed pineapple (drained well)
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Whip cream, gradually adding powdered sugar; fold in well-drained pineapple and pecans.  Pile on top of the first mixture and refrigerate for several hours.

Hope you enjoy! I'd love to hear from you after you try it! Or before, or anytime for that matter!

10 comments:

  1. Oh yum yum, looks delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this looks tasty~ Thank you so much for sharing at Project Inspire{d}.

    Have a lovely week.

    Mary Beth

    p.s. Pinning to the party board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be a part of it, I'll look for the party board!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of this pie, but never tried it. It has some great ingredients in it!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen link party. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it Cynthina, it is truly delicious, and easy to make to boot!

      Delete
  5. I'm just heading to bed...looked in the pantry and nothing looked good to me to eat. This does. Now what am I supposed to do? (o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbie and Mary, it truly is a great pie! You won't regret making it, I promise!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!