April 29, 2013

A Day in April

  I'm setting down my computer after today to take a blog break for a few weeks. I will still probably be active on Twitter if you would like to connect there.  You can find me @adefinedlife.
Otherwise I will see you when I get back . . . 

Today is . . .  April 28, 2013 - 10:06 PM

Outside my window . . .  I expect my husband to pull into the driveway at any minute with ice cream.

I am hearing . . . crickets, sirens,  and other evening noises coming through the open windows

I am wearing . . . a tank top and flannel pants.

I am creating . . .  a mess.  It's true!  My house looks like the wreck of the Hesperus!That's what my Dad used to say my messy bedroom looked like when I was a kid.  Well, my house looks like that today!

I am looking forward to . . . a special date night on Saturday.

I am remembering . . .my first date with my husband.  It was on my birthday.  I had the amazing experiencing of falling in love with my husband while we were friends and before he had ever asked me on a date.  We worked together and had been friends for 9 months when he finally said something to me about how we should go to this certain place to eat.  We planned to meet there after work, but because of the way he asked me to go, I wasn't sure if it was a "date" or not.  I called me girlfriend to ask her if I should take money.  We concluded that it would be wise just in case he intended it to be dutch treat as friends.  When I arrived at the restaurant I could tell by the look on his face that something had changed, we were no longer just friends.  My suspicions were confirmed when he asked me to sit next to him at the table instead of across from him.

I am thankful . . . for rest.  I'm anticipating it will come.

I am praying . . .  for rest and refreshment.

I am needing . .   rest and refreshment.  Are you noticing a trend here?

I am reading . . .  21 Days To a More Disciplined Life by Chrystal Paine

A quiet time thought . . .  Jesus is the pen God uses to record my name in the Book of Life.  It is written with his very own blood, inked onto the pages of eternity. - That thought came to me as I read Revelation 20:12-15 this week.  His blood, his life, his righteousness - what a gift.  I can't fully comprehend it, but yet I must comprehend it enough to accept it, unwrap it, and put it on.

Words to think about . . . "Are you seeking great things for yourself?  Not seeking to be a great one, but seeking great things from God for yourself.  God wants you in a closer relationship to Himself than receiving His gifts, He wants you to get to know Him.  A great thing is accidental, it comes and goes.  God never give us anything accidental.  There is nothing easier than getting into a right relationship with God except when it is not God Whom you want, but only what He gives." Oswald Chambers

A random fact you may not know about me . . . I love mushrooms!

One of my favorite things . . . .pepperoni and mushroom pizza, preferably made homemade by my
husband!

A blessing captured . . . his pizza.




10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break and we'll all be right here when you return. The pizza looks delicious! And, love how you and your husband shared a lengthy friendship before ever even dating. Happy week dear Stephani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are always a blessing and refreshment to my soul. Enjoy the break and I'll see you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blessed blog break! I'll be here waiting for your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it will be blessed because the Lord has some other things for me to do! See you when I get back!

      Delete
  4. Praying for rest for you sweet Stephani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand the need for rest Stacey! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Rest and enjoy the break. I love these posts of yours...your husband sounds sweet, we can't see your messy house, and we are going to a friend's house tonight for pizza with mushrooms. Yes! Your quiet thought could be mine too, filled with gratitude. And I love that we will meet in heaven if we don't meet during our time left here. Amazing to think about too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy break! the swd brought me here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!