March 25, 2013

A Day in March


It is . . .  March 24, 2013 - 9:45 PM

Outside my window . . . it is cold and windy.  I thought spring had arrived, but winter just isn't quite ready to give up!

I am hearing . . . the dishwasher running, my husband's voice,  and the click clack of two keyboards.

I am wearing . . .  plaid pajama pants and a sweatshirt

I am creating . . .  blog posts

I am looking forward to . . . ?  Is it bad to say I'm not looking forward to anything (other than Heaven of course)?  I honestly live day by day and looking too far into the future isn't really a luxury that I have in this season of my life.  The demands of today are enough for me to carry, and God has promised to supply my daily needs.

I am remembering . . . my school days and looking forward to the last day of school and the beginning of summer! 

I am thankful . . . that we are part of God's provision in the lives of others. 

I am praying . . . for healing and wholeness in the lives of some friends and loved ones.

I am needing . . . to get away!  Sunday school retreat at the lake is planned for April.  That will be a much needed break!

I am reading . . . What is Worth While, by Anna Robertson Brown.  This is one of my go to books that I read over and over and over.

A quiet time thought . . .  "No, please!" said Jacob (to Esau).  "If I have found favor in your eyes, accept this gift from me.  For to see your face is like seeing the face of God, now that you have received me favorably. - Genesis 33:10.  - Jacob received this answer to prayer after he had wrestled with God and saw him face to face. He named the place where he wrestled with God,  Peniel because he saw God face to face there and survived. Jacob's recognition of God in answered prayer is a reminder to me that when I receive answers to prayer to not simply see an answer to prayer, but to realize that in that answer I am seeing the face of God.

Words to think about . . .  "But you must return to your God; maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always." Hosea 12:6

A random fact you may not know about me . . . I've never had an overnight stay in the hospital other than when I was visiting someone else. 

One of my favorite things . . . . when God reveals something new to me in scripture.

A few moments from my week . . .  spring break, two funerals, 4 hospital visits, cooking for a sick neighbor, two trips to memory care, shopping for mom, my step-son's laundry right along with several loads of my own, a clean bathroom, mopping the kitchen floor, and doing several loads of dirty dishes!  Wait a minute! I thought this was supposed to be spring break?! Hee hee!  I'm thankful I had four days off work to make a small dent in my to do list!

For my picture journal . . .


5 comments:

  1. You've had a pretty full week. Two funerals? That'd do me in right there, yet you maintain a cheerful attitude. Hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you're wearing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about! I was sure comfy!

      Delete
  3. "...when I receive answers to prayer to not simply see an answer to prayer, but to realize that in that answer I am seeing the face of God."

    So good!

    Thanks for sharing the glimpse into your day. One day you'll be able to PLAN events in the future and have them (more or less) happen as scheduled. Until then, I know you're treasuring the moments as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...seeing God's face ...and...always wait on your God. Awesome...!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!