February 14, 2013

Heart Shaped Morning

It was a heart shaped morning at our house.  The day isn't over, but my husband is working on the best Valentine present of all right now; he is building our new porch!  Some of you who have been following me for awhile know we have been working on a house renovation ever so slooooowly.  The porch is the last part of the outside renovation.  We have a little 1000 square foot house with new roof, gable, windows, gray siding, white trim, and red door.  The porch will have a gray deck with white railing.  I am sooo ready to have the outside done!  Happy Valentine's Day to me!

Anyway, I thought I'd share some pictures from our heart shaped morning!


I welcomed my husband to the new day with a sweet Valentine garland message!


While hubby was gone buying wood for the porch, I began the breakfast.


Heart shaped bacon!  Just cut the bacon strip in two pieces, shape into a heart and bake at 350 degrees until done.  Be sure to line and spray your cookie sheet.  He loved the bacon when it was done.  He felt that somehow folding the bacon over gave it an even better texture and flavor! I just thought it was cute!


Next, heart shaped cinnamon toast!


Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut heart shapes out of any kind of bread, slather with butter . . .


Cover in lots of sugar . . .


Sprinkle with cinnamon . . .


Bake at 450 for a few minutes until they begin to get slightly crispy around the edges and then switch to broil until done.


What did I do with the left over bread?


I slathered both sides in butter, toasted them in a skillet, and fried eggs in the middle!


It was a fun, fun way to start the day!


I'd love to hear something about your Valentine's Day!  What was one special thing that happened?

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie, That was just cuter than cute!!! Love all these little ideas and will have to remember them for future Valentine's. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I'm sure the heart-shaped bacon was the star of the Valentine show! What a thoughtful wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your hubby felt very special with that breakfast.....I think it's a good idea for any day you want to make someone feel very special.....I have done all of these for the grandchildren except putting the egg in the middle of the heart bread...cool idea....

    I love your banner too; it's really pretty....You are just filling my head for ideas the next time the grandkids come.....

    I know you will be glad when you and your hubby get finished with your renovation....Sounds like it will be done by spring and the perfect time to enjoy.....

    Happy Valentinue's Day.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Too many cute idea for breakfast...heart shaped bacon? It must be love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!