February 7, 2013

A Day In February

It is . . .  February 6, 2013

Outside my window . . .my puppy is alone in the backyard.  We turned him into an outdoor dog 6 months ago, and I still miss him lying here on the floor next to me.

I am hearing . . . my husband's laughter as he reads.

I am wearing . . . a pink sweatshirt and some plaid pajama pants.  I'm all about comfort tonight.  I've had some late nights recently.

I am creating . . . a Valentine's environment! Have put up a few Valentine's decorations.  Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays.

I am looking forward to . . . having all the sorting done.  I'm having to go through boxes of stuff that were in Mom's old apartment that we couldn't move with her to assisted living.  Lots of paperwork that I have to go through page by page.

I am remembering . . .when I was in high school, Mom and I would lie on her bed and talk when I got home from school.  She would lie on her back with her arms folded behind her head.  I would lie on my stomach next to her, propped up on my elbows, and we would talk.  We did that last night when I went to visit her.  It was different this time.  She has a twin bed and lives in assisted living, but it was good for her.  I showed her old photos that had been scanned and were stored in my phone.  She enjoyed that.

I am thankful . . . for more trout in the freezer.  Hubby brought home 12 more trout yesterday.  I haven't fished this year.  At Christmas time I took pictures and tried to stay warm while he fished.

I am praying . . .for my friend Jessica whose father was on a bicycle and got hit by a car.  He was killed and the driver left the scene.

I am needing . . . 

I am reading . . .1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp AGAIN!  I've read it before and I started reading her blog long before the book came out, but I wanted to read it again.  Plus I'm thinking about having my Mom read it, and I wanted to review it again before I do that.

A quiet time thought . . . We can choose to put off our old sinful nature but we cannot choose to put on Christ's character.  We have to trust him to wrap his robe of righteousness around us as we walk before him, trust and obey.

Words to think about . . . "It's never about performing.  It's always about passion.  And girl - you can't fix your heart by making your hands work harder.  When you fix your moments on Christ, that fixes your heart - and your hands."  Ann Voskamp
   
A random fact you may not know about me . . .  I drive a car that is 14 years old, and my husband drives a car that is 14 years old.  I'm hoping they will be like the sandals of the children of Israel, and last for forty years! Ha!  We haven't had a car payment in years.  That is a blessing!

One of my favorite things . . . .heart shapes.  I hung some Valentine garland this week and I couldn't resist some heart shaped measuring cups and spoons I found this week. 

A moment from my week . . . Found out today I am getting a merit bonus at the end of the month. Woo Hoo!

For my picture journal . . . at the river.
  You can't see him, but my hubby is trout fishing just outside this frame!



3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. How tragic! Congrats on the bonus. That's wonderful. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoyed your Daybook and amazing about your cars. If we take care of our vehicles they will last a long, long time. Hubby has a 20 year old vehicle that is still in prime condition. Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a horrible thing to happen to your friend's father! Lots of freshly caught fish sounds so healthy. Both our cars are paid off too and I hope they last for many more years. Congrats on the bonus! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!