January 4, 2013

Memories, Dreams, and Reflections 2012

 I never thought I'd finish this post.

If I had to rely totally on memory to recall what actually went on during the past year, I would be at a total loss.  Thank goodness for this blog and for photos which do the recording for me!  It's fun to look back over the year and see where you have been and what has happened.  Ashley Sisk is hosting Memories, Dreams and Reflections again this year.  She has given us 24 prompts for which we try and find photos from 2012 that represent that prompt.  For Christmas last year, my husband got me my first smart phone.  I discovered Instagram a few months later and as a result, I hate to admit, I probably spent more time taking photos with my phone this year than I did with my fancy camera.  So, for this edition of Memories, Dreams, and Reflections of 2012 you are going to get a combination of DSLR and Instagram photos.  You'll be able to clearly tell the difference! (The Instagram photos are the square and somewhat grainy ones!)  So, here we go . . . .

Oh, also there are a couple new photos here from my Christmas camping trip!

~ Me ~

A selfie profile with my cell phone.


 ~ I love you! ~

My sweet puppy.


~ Still Laughing ~

A very, shall we say, unique tomato from our garden.



~ Winter Wonderland ~

The little Christmas tree we took on our camping trip.


~ Birthday ~

Happy Birthday America!


~ Friends ~

My Besties from high school.

 

~ I Was Inspired ~
 
The Lord used this experience chasing butterflies with my camera to teach me a very important lesson, and it inspired this post titled Taking Flight.


~ Spring Fever ~

What's more springy than a Robin in the garden?


~ Travel or Vacation ~

A night shot of our campsite on Christmas Day.


~ Summer Days ~

The Boys of Summer


~ A Day in My Life ~

I don't know if this would be considered  a typical day in my life, but about 9 months out of the year we are working on our garden in one aspect or another.  It starts now with ordering seed and will continue until the fall of next year.  My husband even opens to put in some cold frames so we can garden all year.


~ All Smiles ~

This year the Oklahoma State Medical Association called to invite Dad to an awards dinner where he would be honored for over 50 years of service to the medical community.  Unfortunately, their award came a little late.  Dad has Alzheimer's and has been living in memory care since November of 2011.  He was unable to attend the dinner so I had the award mailed to me so we could present it to him at our own private dinner.  He is very proud of that award!


~ Autumn Harvest ~

We're back to Instagram with this shot.

 

~ Family or Home ~

Two of my favorite people.  My sweet 12 year old niece visiting my Dad in memory care.  I spend a lot of time caring for my parents.  They are a huge part of my life.  And, I love being an aunt.  I love each one of these kids so much!


~ Celebrate! ~

We've been working on a house renovation for the last 3 1/2 years.  It's been like living in a construction zone at times.  But when we finally got new siding put on after waiting so long, I truly celebrated.  This shot is of one of the out buildings, not the house, but shows the new siding.  We're still not done.  Hubby is beginning the plans to build the new porch and hopefully the whole house will be done by the time we hit the 4 year mark.  Better late than never!


~ Let's Do It Again ~

A fun day out on the canoe.


~ I Miss You ~

My sweet niece and her husband moved over 1000 miles away : (


~ Beautiful ~

I love hydrangeas, but these are especially beautiful because I came home from work one day and my hubby had fixed dinner, set the table, and made a centerpiece with these flowers!

~ Dress Up ~

Can't have a parade without clowns!


~ Macro ~


~ Holidays ~


~ My Favorite ~

I don't know why this is my favorite, but it is.  We spent so much time in the garden this year, plus I just like the composition and edit.


~ Don't Ever Change ~

There is really nothing or no one in my life that I don't ever want to change because I always want to grow and get better and have new experiences, and I want to trust that it is all in the Lord's hands.  I want the same for those I love.  However, God tells us to become like little children in the unabashed trust they have.  I would hope that we can strive to maintain as much innocence as possible and to become like little children in the faith we have in God our Father.


~ Just Because So There! ~


~ Hopes and Dreams ~

My husband and I went camping on Christmas day this year.  This photo, taken from inside our tent, symbolizes to me my desire to seize the moment, to do the things I dream of doing, and not just dream about them.  As I try to say with this blog, "A defined life is a deliberate life.  It is not passive or without intent."  I want to live moment by moment.


Thanks Ashley for hosting again this year.  Although I thought I'd never get through all the pictures or putting this post together, it was a lot of fun!  Hope you all enjoy and may we have a blessed 2013!

9 comments:

  1. I wish I was a writer. I'm not. But I loved looking at these photos, the faces, the beauty, the activities, the projects...slices of a wonderful life. May you have many more like these in 2013. May God continue to shower His blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved living your year with you again....happy, filled with love and adventure. Many blessings to you, Stephani in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos for all the prompts, and congratulations to your dad on that award. May 2013 bless your family with many more wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, lovely post Stephani! And, while camping in no way interests me, your pics of your Christmas camping trip just looked so warm and inviting. The one with the little Christmas tree was wonderful.

    Happy, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful year you've had! The tomato made me bust out laughing. Oh, my! Love the shot of the turnips(?) and your toes. The Christmas tree bokeh is gorgeous!!! So many blessings in your life. Wishing you many more for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a beautiful collection of words and pictures. You are truly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hard to choose a favorite, but I love your "just because" high contrast shot. The Christmas camp images are really neat - what a fun way to enjoy the day. Blessings in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joy to look through these images! I love your bokeh shot for Holiday very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous images! Your colour ones really pop. Here's to a 2013 full of more photo fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!