January 15, 2013

Game of Grace ~ Losing Count But Winning

I've been counting blessings Ann Voskamp and others for quite some time.  It's a fun game that I always end up losing.  What's the game?  God sends blessings and I try to count them all.  The more I see them, the more they seem to come, quicker and quicker.  I can't keep up.  I can't count them all.  So, I always lose in the winning.  The winning of God's grace.  Winning without competing.  Just winning because he chooses to shower grace.  My inability to keep up with the counting makes me the winner.  God smiles when I count.  He smiles when I can't keep up because he likes to bless.  So, I continue counting and he continues to smile as more and more blessings fall. 

"Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.  Tell everyone about the amazing things he does."
~ 1 Chronicles 16:22 ~

1332. A thank you text from my sister thanking me for my 1331 gratitude post.

1333.  Tangerines

1334.  Old tennies that seem to last and last like old friends who have traveled long with me.

1335.  Rain on windows, stuck there reminding me of provision and sustenance and satisfaction.
 
1336.  Coming home to find homemade artisan bread going right into the oven.

1337.  My husband who made the bread rather than running to the store to buy it.  He said, "We don't have bread, but we have flour."  I wonder how often God has given us the "flour" we need to create the solution he has in store, but we buy a solution manufactured by someone else. Hmmm.

1338.  Funny texts from that man that makes artisan bread.

1339.  Laughing out loud at work.

1340.  Giggling in the grief.  Who can cause that but God?

1341.  The sound of the train on the tracks outside my window at work.  A favorite sound during a hectic day.

1342. Hearing church bells ringing 12:00 when it's time for me to take a lunch break at this secular job.

1343.  Dinner downtown for a change.

1344.  Game night with Sunday School Friends, Mexican train and speed scrabble.  Hubby always wins word games.  His vocabulary gives me no chance of winning.

1345.  Two overnight stays with Mom.  Blessed to be a blessing.  She struggles, and I learn more about Mercy.

1346.  Elena,  my Bible study leader.  I've had many in my time, but none quite like her.  She's genuine and in love with Jesus.  How many times do you meet someone and think of them not as a Christian, but as someone who is in love with Jesus?  She's like that.  She's a minister of his goodness and grace.

1347.  Breakthrough.  I can feel the tears rising as I think how God, my father, used the study of Genesis last night to free me, free me from self-condemnation and freedom from my own agenda.  I grew wings last night.  A breakthrough in this burden and continued answers.  You know I've been seeking clear direction.   I vaguely wrote about it in this post.  Why is he so faithful to me?  It's baffling. My clear mission for now is to let go of all I have been planning, let go of my agenda. I have his work to do that isn't finished, and I have been eager to continue my work, begun out of my own desire.  I can't run ahead of him.  He knows the desires of my heart. So, I'm going to stay right where I am for awhile tending to the beautiful garden he's already given me, and I'm letting go of the silk flowers I have arranged.

A blessing captured . . . rain on windows ~ captured through my bathroom window.


 Today I'm sharing with Ann Voskamp and other like minded people who are listing the blessings that keep coming and coming.

15 comments:

  1. Yes, BLESSINGS abound in my LIFE too! I can't imagine people not wanting GOD in there LIFE! He is always with us! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful blessings. I love how you find the simple things to be thankful for. This is my desire in 2013. To be deliberate in thanking God and looking for the blessings. My "One Word" for 2013 is "Thanks" and I started today making my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I am so glad you are beginning your list of gratitude! I know you will be blessed by it. The more you do it, the more you will recognize the hand of God all around you. He's in everything and works all for our good. He loves us so.

      Delete
  3. Losing in the winning - I love it! And I am so happy for you and your breakthrough. May God bless you abundantly as you seek to Honor Him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelli! And thanks for the info on Zenfolio that you emailed me!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! It's always uplifting to visit your blog. Wish I'd get my breakthrough, but I'm not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you find my blog uplifting Gail. Thanks for your faithful comments!

      Delete
  5. # 1346 Wishing I knew Elena, too. We can never have too many Elena's in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these posts, Stephani.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! You are so faithful in your counting. I've been meaning to begin again. Thankful for your breakthrough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as faithful as I should be Barbie, but I have a new gratitude journal app on my phone that is helping me keep track as I see or experience things to be grateful for. This is helpng a lot!

      Delete
  8. I love the list and I love that picture. Watching the rain from inside always gives me this incredible feeling. Can't even explain it and your list does that too. And your husband making bread rather than running to buy it....very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's up everyone, it's my first visit at this website,
    and piece of writing is really fruitful in favor of me,
    keep up posting these posts.
    Feel free to visit my web-site ... click through the up coming web site

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this
    article plus the rest of the site is very good.
    Feel free to visit my blog post ... good orlando fl home builder

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!