December 24, 2012

Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe!

  I first posted this about a year ago, but I made it for breakfast this morning and it is deeelish!  I thought if you need a last minute Christmas breakfast idea, this would be a great addition!

Enjoy!
 
 
Cake:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries ( I actually use mine after they've been frozen)
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter melted
Topping:
1/4 cup butter melted
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
 Preheat oven to 425.  In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Gently fold in blueberries.  In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and butter.  Add to the flour mixture and stir carefully.  Spread into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan.  Combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.  Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until top is light golden brown.  Serve warm or at room temperature.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, this looks so yummy! Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks divine! Merry Christmas to you! Thank you for sharing that scrumptious recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!