December 11, 2012

A Day in December



I had hoped after my last post that I would be able to hit a new stride with blogging, but the recovery from surgery proved to be more difficult than I had hoped.  But, I have finally turned a corner and am well on my way to complete recovery.  Within the next couple of months I hope to have a new blog design to go along with a fresh desire to reinvent this blog and a renewed commitment to invest the time I need.  It's not about me.  It's about all the Lord has blessed me with and sharing that with others whether it be a devotional reflection, photography, crafting or cooking.  I'm looking forward to the weeks ahead. 
As far as today is concerned, it is a cold cold day in Oklahoma!

 It is . . .  December 10, 2012

Outside my window . . . Christmas lights are dancing at my neighbors street on this frigid 25 degree night.

I am hearing . . . the tick tock of two clocks, the click clack of my keyboard, and the hum of the refrigerator.

I am wearing . . . a black turtleneck sweater and grey sweatpants.  After I got home at about 8:15 p.m. I started changing into some comfy warm sweats but only changed part way so I still have my turtleneck on! Lol. I'm a sight to behold!

I am creating . . . Ideas for this blog.  It's an ongoing process.  I'm excited that hopefully soon I will be able to get my own domain name, and a new design, and start aggressively posting some goodness!

I am looking forward to . . . Christmas!  We have some very unique plans for Christmas day, but I can't share them yet!

I am remembering . . . the year my sister and I got matching nightgowns for Christmas.  New pj's to open on Christmas eve was one of my favorite traditions.  My sister has carried that on with her girls. 

I am thankful . . . I have made it over the hump in my recovery from surgery!

I am praying . . . for my coworker who has lost two aunts in the last few weeks.

I am needing . . . to break the stronghold of procrastination in my life.

I am reading . . . lots of stuff about blog design, blog domains, photography etc. etc. . . . . blog stuff.

In my quiet time   . . . "But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.  For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." 2 Corinthians 2:14-15.  How cool that I am the aroma of Christ to God!  He really does loves his children and uses them in the lives of those we come in contact with every day!

Words to think about . . . I am interested in so many things. I remind myself of students who come into my office who can't decided what to major in because they just can't narrow it down.  I've been faced with the need and challenge of focusing on what is important, what is necessary, and what God wants to use for his glory.  This quote hit me square between the eyes.  I'm interested in blogging, writing, scrapbooking, photography, baking, crafting, fitness, helping others through visitation and burden bearing, mercy giving.  I can't commit to all of these, but I can take portions of them all and make them into a focused package that blesses others.  I am committed to doing that.  God has given me a task to do, and I believe he is showing me how I can incorporate these to fulfill this mission and bring glory to him.

  
A random fact you may not know about me . . .did I mention I'm a procrastinator . . . big time!

One of my favorite things . . . . puppy paws

A moment from my week . . . spent Sunday afternoon at the Angle Tree Christmas party.  We picked up a lovely young  woman and 3 of her 4 children and took them to the party.  It was an exhausting but rewarding experience.

For my picture journal . . . I've included an Instagram photo again this week. I can promise you however that I have dusted off my big girl camera, yes literally dusted it off . . . well the case anyway.  It has been sitting in a corner untouched for weeks.  I'm carrying it with me and gearing up for some new photography!



Have an amazing day!  See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. I've missed you. Thankful for your recovery and looking forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better. What a photo! It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you do with Instagram I could never do with the best camera. ;-) It's in the vision, not the equipment, yes?

    Glad you're feeling better. I love that you have so many interests. I do too. It makes life complicated though. ha. But fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks so much for that tremendous compliment. I was just looking back on some of my old photos and I thought "My lands, I thought that was good?" It's a work in progress!

      Delete
  4. I was just scrolling past your other blog the other day and thinking about how things are with you. And here you are back at blogging :-) So glad you are recovering well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!