July 21, 2012

The Word

"The careful study of the Word has a goal, which is not the careful study of the Word.  The objective is to discover Jesus and allow him to change our trajectory." ~ Jen Hatmaker


In my pursuit of excellence on this God journey, the map of choice is God's Word.  But do I ever simply treat it as an instruction manual to success, achievement, or attainment rather than a road map to Jesus?  I pray not.  I pray that God's Word will penetrate my being causing me to bow lower at his feet, cling tighter to the hem of his garment, sink lower in his lap, hold tighter to his arms, and lean closer as he whispers in my ear.

Sharing with:

14 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard that quote from Jen Hatmaker before, but I believe it is spot on! Thanks for sharing it, and for joining in the True Vine Challenge. It's great to have you come along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. Excellent thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful images. You have a heart for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. To discover Jesus through His Word. This is what I seek! Thank you for linking up to Fresh Brewed Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Short but sweet! A good reminder about our real goal! Thank you! Patsy from
    HeARTworks and
    papemelroti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good words... I have to read them again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed. It's so easy to just read and even agree with what you read in the Bible, but it takes a lot to actually understand, and act upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post. just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your photograph. "Oh how I love thy law." "Thy words were good and I did eat them and they were the joy and rejoicing of mine heart." So many Scriptures speak of the love of God's Word. How fortunate we are to have the freedom to pursue God's words to us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such sweet words! Thanks so much for sharing them! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. Very, very true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good thoughts. Thank you for sharing them.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!