June 1, 2012

With Whose Eyes Do I See?

With whose eyes do I see?

the homeless man

With whose eyes do I see?

the gang member

With whose eyes do I see?

the prostitute

With whose eyes do I see?

the fornicator

With whose eyes do I see?

 the drunk

With whose eyes do I see?

the glutton

With whose eyes do I see?

the sluggard

When it hits close to home, with whose eyes do I see?

the uncontrolled tongue

With whose eyes do I see?

the unkind

With whose eyes do I see?

the proud

With whose eyes do I see?

the disobedient

With whose eyes do I see?

the sinner

With whose eyes have I been seen?

 How often do I long for and even expect God to see me through his eyes of undeserved mercy and unmerited grace yet I see others through the eyes of the law?   Why do I expect others to learn of a merciful, gracious God if they don't see him in me?  Am I Jesus to others or am I not?  Jesus was a Nazarene.  I suspect that was not a coincidence. You know the Bible says nothing good ever came out of Nazareth.  Nazareth was filled with the rejectable.  I want to find them and show them the way to the gaze of a forgiving, merciful, gracious, and loving God.

 This flower is sitting on top of a trash can.   There is no circumstance from which Christ cannot pull beauty. I too can choose what I see, and should see every individual as an eternal soul. I can love the sinner without loving the sin.  It's what Christ did for me.


Today I am sharing with Five Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and asked to write for 5 minutes without worry about the post being perfect.  Today's prompt is SEE.

 I'm also sharing with Faith Filled Friday today for the first time.

8 comments:

  1. I was asked for money from a woman holding a cardboard sign and pushing a baby. My instinctual reaction was a sad shake of my head and a quick escape. By the time I got to the store, my heart wrenched inside me. I turned around to find her again and ask her how to help. I couldn't find her. I drove around the parking lot, she was gone, and I was sobbing. I haven't been able to forget the image of that baby, asleep in a stroller.

    My reaction will be different next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, I know what you mean. I have been there. I must say I don't think we have to feel guilty about giving or not giving every single time, but we need to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading. Who is he directing us to, and what kind of help can we give? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear and beautiful one! I have been so blessed by this post. The flower on the trash can...wow! Yes, that's been me at times and yet in ever increasing moments I'm able to see through some other eyes than the selfish ones I was born with. Thank the Lord he is grace and he will work through me when I let him! Great post.
    Jessie at JessieGunderson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have all been the flower on the trash can. I'm so glad for the eyes of those looking at me with grace. So glad you stopped by here Jessie and that you were blessed.

      Delete
  3. Beautifully written and the photo is perfect. You are right...we can choose what we see. I see beauty here often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been missing you Anita! I love seeing your face here.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post, and beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Nothing good ever came out of Nazareth" except for the only One who is good. Thank you for the reminder that it is through His eyes that we see truly. Lovely post. (((Hugs))), Peg.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!