June 12, 2012

A Day in June

It is . . . June 12, 2012

Outside my window . . . you can feel the excitement in the air.  I've never seen anything like it.  This city and state are unified in support of our team, the Oklahoma City Thunder.  Houses are not divided by the crimson and cream of OU or the orange and black of OSU.  They are united for the colors blue and orange.  One state, one city, one team. 

I am hearing . . . giggling, muffled voices, and this keyboard clacking.

I am wearing . . . Jeans, an OKC Thunder T-shirt, and sandals.

I am creating . . .photos.  That seems to be the only thing I create these days.  Maybe I need to expand my box a bit or get out of the box altogether!

I am looking forward to . . .you guessed it! The Thunder game.  We don't have TV, but we will be watching it on the Internet which will be hooked up to our surround sound stereo!  It will sound like we are there even though we won't be!

I am thankful . . . . that the Holy Spirit really does burn the dross in our innermost beings.  He has been working on me.  It's difficult for the moment, but I know it means I'm growing and that my heart is yearning to be more like him.

I am praying . . . for a precious little girl, that God will protect her and guide her and grow her and comfort her.  She's such a treasure. 

I am needing . . . to focus.  My thoughts seem to race to and fro.

I am remembering . . .when I played basketball as a young girl and what it felt like to get the winning shot.  I played basketball for about 4 years, then I broke my arm, and I never went back to it.  I was good under pressure when I needed to make a free throw to win a game and that does seem to have translated pretty well into adulthood.  People always wonder how I stay calm in hectic situations.  It's not that I'm calm, I just contain it and they can't always see what's going on in the inside.  My sister might have to disagree with this perception of me being calm because she's the one I usual call when I need to vent.  She has seen me or heard me "lose it" on more than one occasion.  But I guess that's partly what sisters are for huh? 

I am noticing that . . . the ceiling in our bedroom needs to be painted again.  The paint is cracking.  

I am reading . . . This and that.  That is a lame answer I know, but I am not reading one specific thing right now.  It seems I pick up something different every day from a variety of sources.  

Words to think about . . . "For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."  Hebrews 12:11 

A moment from my week . . .  Of all the things that happened this week there was one little moment that I think was my favorite.  Sunday afternoon after we got home from a birthday party, I went outside for a little while, threw down a towel , and laid on the ground.  At my age, and with my fair skin, it wasn't to get a tan, it was to get vitamin D. Ha! Anyway, I laid there and looked at the clear blue sky, and listened to the birds, and prayed.  It really took me away for just a few moments, but it was a needed few moments.

Something you may not know about me . . . I love sports!  I grew up on OU football.  My dad had season tickets from the time I was a little bitty thing.  My siblings were all athletic, participating in a variety of sports including, football, tennis, basketball, and track.  I participated in basketball and track for a short time.  I love watching sports.  Football is probably my favorite, but I really can't think of a sport I don't enjoy watching. I like basketball, wrestling, boxing, golf, tennis. I like the competition, cheering someone on, the anticipation, and the victory received after hard training. 

One of my favorite things . . . . getting a high five from my husband when our team does something good!

For my picture journal . . .another Instagram photo from my time lying in the back yard.


A final thought . . . Go OKC!  Thunder Up!

6 comments:

  1. Visiting from Simple Woman's Daybook - I enjoyed the visit, and you heart for prayer - I totally get needing vitamin D {smiles} -

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're rooting for OKC, too! I can tell from your post that you are devoted to God and it is overflowing and blessing others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, me, somehow I have missed that you were an OU fan. How funny! Our SIL is a graduate of OSU and I swear his blood runs orange and now my daughter's run's orange even thought she is a graduate of LSU. We went to a few OSU games with them when they lived in Stillwater. What an experience!

    Always enjoy The Simple Woman's Daybook. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the Sonics.... The Seattle Super Sonics...
    well, that is what they were called when they were here.
    I'm glad you are enjoying them there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the game! Sounds like fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always enjoy The Simple Woman's Daybook. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!