May 28, 2012

The Wonder of What God Has Provided

"Of all people on the face of the earth the believer ought to lead the world in the enjoyment of life and in the experience of happiness. The believer ought to enjoy art more than any other individual.  The believer ought to enjoy a sunset better than anybody - ought to be able to enjoy a trip to the Cleveland orchestra at a level that is distinct from anything anyone else can know because they have discovered that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom - that there is the good, the bad, the new, the perfect and here in this continuum of life they are acknowledging the wonder of what God has provided." ~ Alistair Begg

I am acknowledging the wonder of what God has provided and sharing my gratitude with Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare where we look for the blessings all around us.   It is a wonderful way for me to recognize that nothing in God's world is ordinary. I've missed a couple of weeks so I'm glad to be back today as I add to my list and continue counting to 2000.

{1289 - 1309}

hydrangeas

fresh broccoli from the garden

tangerine toenails

homemade cheese chips

finding an extra dose of patience and joy while serving Mom

a cleaner blog design

pulling weeds in the garden and in my soul

hands in the earth 

worms in the earth cultivating the soil - they are good for the garden

sugar-free cream cheese strawberry parfait - tasted just like cheesecake

coming home from work to find my husband had cooked dinner and set the table with fresh hydrangeas

herb crusted pork shoulder
 
confirmation over and over from the Lord about where my focus should be

time to get alone with God, seek his will and write a mission statement

being so overwhelmed by the nearness of God that the flow of tears seems more necessary than breath

joy unspeakable

hearing a message from my former pastor (also my uncle) this morning 

a call to courage

God's plan

God's presence

God's power

A blessing captured . . . hydrangeas that came with my surprise dinner

 Extraordinary is all around you in the small, the large, the simple, the complex, the easy and the difficult.  What are you grateful for today?

I'm sharing  this photo with Weekly KodaChrome

Sharing with Ann and the community at A Holy Experience.



12 comments:

  1. These words were nice to breathe in as I turn in finally after a long day! So much beauty here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie, I was thinking you must have gone to bed really late because this post went up at midnight but then I remembered you are in California! Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Stephani,
    You completely inspire me in so many ways! Your so very talented with your photos and your gratitude list makes me want to continue my online count. Thank you for all the beautiful post. I'm truly inspired.
    You and your family continue to stay on my prayer list.
    Hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tangerine toenails...oh how I wish to see a picture of those! I am very conservative in dress but let my flair show through my nail polish. Thank you for sharing your list this week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I did take a picture of my toes, but the color looks pink in the photo, but I promise it's really tangerine!

      Delete
  4. Yeah, your blog redesign is gorgeous, although I've not seen the old one. Is it the season for God calling? I am in discernment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pictures are stunning. I loved what you said, "extraordinary is all around us". Yes, it is! Thank you for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful gratitudes thankful friend! Stopped over from Ann's, your joy is contagious. Thank you for sharing here (:
    Blessings,
    -t-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely and positively love hydrangeas. So beautiful. What a gorgeous image. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful photo Stephani. I have enjoyed browsing some of your blog and admiring your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!