May 4, 2012

Truth? or Do I dare?

When I saw the writing prompt today at Five Minute Fridays I knew what I was going to write about.  I've been thinking about this post long before today.  I warn you this is a bit of a shallow post today, no digging deep, but something I need to share just the same.

My profile photo.  Yes, this is the subject of my post today.  We've been asked to write on the subject, "Real."  Well, I like my profile photo, but is it real?  That may be in question since I actually have a reader who thought I was  in my late twenties.  Granted, I don't think I look all of my 45 years, but I definitely do not look like I'm in my twenties or thirties for that matter. Since I hate being in front of the camera, I actually have no new profile photo options at this point, but I'm hoping to get out this weekend and have a new one made.  In the meantime you will be seeing me in all my edited glory. 

In attempt to be more "real" I am daring to share with you today the straight out of the camera shot (SOOC) from the day I took that profile photo.  The photo was taken on a Sunday morning right after I finished putting on my makeup for church.  I was sitting in front of an open window.  I was working on a photo challenge prompt using the word, "hat" so I threw on my hat and took a few shots of myself which is a challenge to do any way when you are holding the camera out in front of you.  

So, here is my profile shot as you have been used to seeing it.


And here is the SOOC.


Not quite as cute huh?  I really like that right ear sticking out from underneath the hat.


Now, if I were truly being real, I'd share a photo without make up, but until I meet you IRL you will not see me without makeup.  I don't mind scaring you, but I don't want to scare the rest of the world.  Now that I have that all out in the open, I'm closing this subject once and for all, and if we're still friends I'll see you hear on Monday for some gratitude!

I'm sharing with Five Minute Friday's where we are given a word prompt and we write for five minutes flat without worrying if it is perfect.  I took a couple extra minutes today, but I'm definitely not going to edit anything!

8 comments:

  1. Love your honesty in sharing the before and after but, really--you still look great! =) Enjoyed reading your perspective on the word for today's five-minute friday and glad to meet you through it! Looking forward to following along in reading your blog--HAPPY FRIDAY! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in all of the shots, beautiful on the inside and out. We went throught the speedy checkout cigarette lane at Walmart the other day because the line was short. The cashier asked if I'm over 18. I was shocked...surely by law she HAS to ask everyone that. I certainly don't look 18, geez. Great post, happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great -- unedited my dear. We women are kinda silly about looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Stephani you are such a cutie, edited or unedited. You have beautiful eyes and I do love that lipstick you are wearing.

    It is so good to be reading your blog and catching up with you. I have missed you.

    Have a joy-filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beautiful! I steer clear of cameras at all costs. My blog designer talked me into putting the color photo on my blog, but I wanted the black and white one. I totally understand where you are coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with the gang here.. you're gorgeous any way you look at it. But I'm smiling at your honesty and loving the "real shot" and the "real heart" of authenticity behind that photo. In this fix it up digital age, it's easy to forget that our "imperfect appearances" are still the work of a perfect God. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've nothing to add that hasn't been said by others. You're beautiful and ageless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real is real and you are really beautiful. Love the pop of lipstick. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!