May 11, 2012

A Day in May

It is . . . May 11, 2012


Outside my window . . .there is a soft rain.

I am hearing . . . the click and clack of the keyboard.

I am wearing . . . Jeans and a periwinkle blue shirt.

I am creating . . . Instagram photos.  I have really been enjoying Instagram.  If you are on Instagram follow me @adefinedlife.  If not, download the app and join us!

My puppy's paws. (Instagram)

I am looking forward to . . . getting a lot done this weekend.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a lot of work staring at me when I get home each night.  This weekend is my opportunity to put a dent in it.

I am thankful . . . . for my husband's story.  He has lived a difficult but rich life.  It is a blessing for me to know what he has overcome and how the Lord continues to grow him and use him.

I am praying . . . for our neighbor who lost her father.  May she find Jesus in this.
I am needing . . . to balance the check book - one of my tasks for this weekend.  I always balance it to the penny every month.

I am remembering . . . when I was younger how I thought I knew exactly how my life was going to turn out.  It hasn't turned out that way so far.  Part of that picture I had will never come together as it did in my visions of the future, but my life is so rich and full - it is truly something I can grab a hold of and know it's real.  I hold on loosely though because after all, it is just a small brushstroke in comparison to the glory of my eternity.
I am noticing that . . .my neighbors have lots of needs.  I've always noticed this and felt we can serve here, but my eyes are open wider and there is a new sense that we can make a difference - that we must make a difference.  There is pain in most of the households around us, pain that ranges from drug use, to broken families, to incarcerations to the loneliness of old age and single momdom.  A few are Christians, most  are not.  We have been placed here for a reason and that's why we stay.

I am reading . . .only the Bible these days.
Words to think about . . . "I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?" - Mother Teresa 

A moment from my week . . . watching hubby tend the garden. I help occasionally, but he does most of the work.


Part of my house and part of my hubby's garden. (Instagram)

Something you may not know about me . . .  I live in a small house.  It's about 1000 square feet, but our home is also in a low income area of our town.  In fact, because our city considers this historical part of town where I live to be a blighted area, they are planning to pour millions of dollars into it in hopes to revive it.  We live on a good street.  We have good neighbors for the most part, but there are needs all around us.  I plan to write a post soon about why I don't want to leave this place even though at times there is a tugging at my heart to have a bigger place in a nicer part of town.  As I mentioned before, there is a reason we are here and a reason why we will stay until God directs us to do something different.  There is more to this story, but I'll share the rest of the story later.

One of my favorite things . . . sunsets.

For my picture journal . . . Instagram photo of  a sunset I took while going about 75 mph down the highway.  Crazy!
 (Instagram)
Sharing with:

6 comments:

  1. You always touch me with your raw openness and honesty. You write with transparency that reaches inside me and inspires me to loosen all the "shoulds and aughts" from the past and live out my life with total abandonment to the purposes God designed for me...

    You are an inspiration to me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Stephani, I assume you were driving when you snapped that picture. That is scary!

    Impressive looking garden and love the siding on your house.

    I can't wait to hear "the rest of the story."

    Always enjoy stopping by.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog this morning- love your heart! excited to read more ;) Charissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pic of your puppies paws :) God always puts us where we need to be - we just need to be aware of what is around us. Have a blessed week as you minister to your neighbors as Christ would have you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, thought-provoking post...thank you, Stephani! You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading these posts! I don't want to think about you driving and taking the picture, but the picture is great.

    Always inspired when I visit here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!