April 23, 2012

Onions and Other Things

Every Monday I participate in the Joy Day at A Holy Experience.  What is the Joy Dare?  It's a challenge to see, look for, pursue the blessings all around us.  The small things and the big things that God puts in our lives.  Simply put, it is gratitude. God's generosity is endless.  And it isn't just about the "stuff" we have or even the good times.  Sometimes, it's the tough stuff that works out to be the truest blessing of all.  So, here I go as I continue to count to 2000 . . .


Three gifts eaten:

1232.  bacon, bacon, bacon
1233.  shrimp and mushroom
1234.  blue cheese crumbles

Three gifts that made you laugh:

1235.  the skit that my husband was in at our Sunday School retreat.
1236.  some of the stories the pastor told during his sermon
1237.  my husband.  I can't think of specifics right now, but he makes me laugh all of the time.

A gift salty, sweet, just right:

1238.  my garlic chicken recipe.  It is one of my favorite dishes, but the other night when I made it, it seemed too salty.  I think I'll try unsalted butter next time!
1239.  I don't eat sugar anymore so I haven't eaten anything sweet in quite some time.  But I am looking forward to peach pickin' time and eating a sweet, juicy peach fresh off the tree.
1240.  Cheese.  What's not to love about cheese? 

Three gifts found in his word:

1241.  "For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.  As the scriptures tell us, anyone who believes in him will not be disappointed."  Romans 10:9-11
1242.  "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
1243.  ". . .he will give you all you need from day to day if you life for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern."  Matthew 6:33

Three gifts found in [godly] women today:

1244.  confidence
1245.  compassion
1246.  bringing cohesiveness to the family

Three gifts spoken:

1247.  wonderful instruction from our retreat speaker on the subject of godly wisdom
1248.  our new pastor's first sermon
1249.  "You have beautiful eyes."

A gift sung, written, painted:

1250.  the old hymns
1251.  books by Andrew Murray
1252.  the door frame.  This means that the door my husband is painting red will be going in before too long!

Three gifts almost gone:

1253.  the remainder of my paycheck this month!
1254.  the perfume my husband bought me for Christmas
1255.  my olive oil

Three gifts redeemed:

1256.  me
1257.  a coupon
1258.  a gift card

Three gifts entwined:

1259.  my ponytail
1260.  the legs of a chicken roasting
1261.  a sachet of spices to infuse the olive oil

Three gifts of his promises:

1262. the promise of eternal life
1263. the promise of the Holy Spirit
1264. the promise of answered prayer

Three gifts uncovered:

1265.  dinner simmering in a skillet
1266.  a healed wound
1267.  the front window to let in the light

A gift heard, held, hoped for:

1268.  prayer requests
1269.  a friend
1270.  a visit from my sister soon

Three gifts round:

1271.  tomatoes
1272.  tires
1273.  onions

A blessing captured . . . onions!



Sharing with the Joy Dare at A Holy Experience

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list and great photo Stephani! So glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy reading your lists...so much of the Holy Spirit resides in you my dear. Happy Week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!