January 4, 2012

Lake Catherine

The first few photos I have to share from my trip find us at Lake Catherine where we stayed in a refurbished fishing barrack that was originally built in 1930.


It was so beautifully remodeled and decorated.  I could have stayed there forever, tucked back in a little cove on the lake.


The most beautiful scene outside the front of the cabin was in the early morning when the fog was rolling over the lake.  No this is not a picture of the fog.  I hate to admit that I was too lazy and enjoying my sleep-in time too much to get up, get dressed, and go out in the cold that early to take pictures of fog.  Someday I will get pictures of fog, but not on this vacation. I did enjoy looking at it through the screened in porch!


The stay at the cabin was so peaceful.  We did get out and about to see other sites which I will show you later, but I spent a lot of time sleeping and reading in the cabin as well.  Remember, I was on a much needed vacation!

A few more photos to come in the days ahead.

Sharing with Outdoor Wednesday.


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the reflection of the trees in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful - the reflections in the water, ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the laziness, the photos are still super beautiful. You captured them at their best time and light. Never mind the fog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    Wouldn't it be great to live somewhere that had a view like that?! I wonder if we'd ever take it for granted?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephani - I have missed you! This reminds me of a place we went for my birthday last year. I could stay in a place like this forever too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephani,
    Yay for you and getting away for a much needed vacation! I'm so happy that you found rest and peace for your weary soul. What a beautiful place for a quiet respite. Looking forward to seeing your other photos.
    Blessings and hugs,
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photos look like something out of a magazine, just gorgeous! So glad that you had some time away for rest and relaxation. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so peaceful! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my...so peaceful!!!

    happy, happy new year!!! :)

    can you believe this weather?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely beautiful! A totally different scenery from south Texas. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a slice of heaven...looking forward to the next piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous. Love each of these. As I scolled down the page I felt at home. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!