January 16, 2012

Another Thousand

When I reached #1000 on my gratitude list, I wasn't sure if I would continue with my list here on my blog or just keep on going with my pen and paper journal, but I have decided to keep sharing a bit of it here.  I had a little motivation from my friend Tami and from this Joy Dare at A Holy Experience.  So, today I continue counting on my way to 2000.  I am getting a late start with the Joy Dare so I am posting two weeks of gratitude here today. 


Three things about yourself you are grateful for:

1001.  being worry free in the midst of trials
1002.  my eyes
1003.  my tender heart

A gift outside, inside, and on a plate:

1004.  57 degrees
1005.  de-cluttered coffee table
1006.  peanut butter, butter, and jelly sandwiches

Three lines you overheard that were graces:

1007.  "Will you be the queen of my double-wide trailer?" - hubby
1008.  "I cannot thank you enough for your help in such a timely manner." - student
1009.  "Goodbye friend." - Mom

One gift old, new, and blue:

1010.  my father
1011.  my new Epiphany camera bag
1012.  my 3 story doll house which I recently reacquired from my parents' home

Something you are reading, making, seeing:

1013.  "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson
1014.  photo CD's
1015.  a photo of my niece playing the violin

One thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart:

1016.  my new smart phone
1017.  3 pounds of bacon
1018.  peace

Three graces from people you love:

1019.  affection from my husband
1020.  prayers from a friend
1021.  help from my sister

Light that caught you, a reflection that surprised you, a shadow that fell lovely:

1022.  Anthony Chapel at night
1023.  what I see in me when I look to my husband
1024.  in some ways I think of my father's disease as a shadow hanging over us, but God is using it to teach great lessons that are falling lovely on my soul.

Anthony Chapel at night. More on Anthony Chapel on Wednesday.


A gift in your hand, a gift you walked by, a gift you sat with:

1025.  my new briefcase
1026.  students changing classes
1027.  my mother

A gift that's sour, sweet, just right:

1028.  dill pickles
1029.  millionaire pie
1030.  guacamole

January 11 ~  Three yellow things that strike you as fresh mercy:

1031.  vintage sugar and creamer
1032.  yellow school bus lunch box
1033.  a bowl of sliced lemon

Something above you, below you, beside you:

1034.  my boss
1035.  my office chair
1036.  my co-worker, a Christian and gentle in spirit

Three sounds you hear:

1037.  the printer
1038.  bacon sizzling
1039.  my husband's voice

Three ways you glimpsed the startling grace of God:

1040.  I dreamt about Mom and Dad last night.  They were 30 years younger, but I was still 45.  I was able to touch, see, and experience what it was like to be with them in those days in a new and fresh way.  It brought our lives together full-circle and reconnected me with who they were then, who they are now, and how little time has really passed.
1041.  being able to see the joy in my experience of having a father with Alzheimer's
1042.  the timing of God as my husband sensed the need to check on a friend only to find out he had just been admitted to the hospital yesterday.

One thing you wore, one thing you gave away, one thing you shared:

1043.  a lacy top
1044.  a thank you gift to someone who has been a big help to me
1045.  birthday wishes with a friend

Take the dare, and see all that God has in store for you this year!

8 comments:

  1. The chapel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i especially like your number 1040...and, i think i need to link with ann soon. i haven't done thankfuls in such a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! I am doing the Joy Dare too, and I love the things that you came up with on the prompts....it inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Love this image. It took my breath away. The light just all of it is wonderful. Thanks for leading me there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this list - you make me smile!! AND I posted mine on the meme just after you did yours - I KNEW that photo of the chapel had to be yours and not another Stephani out there. #1009, 1023, 1024 gave me a sweet lump in my throat. And I must know...was yesterday your birthday?

    Blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list! The chapel is just gorgeous, can't wait to hear more about that.

    Think of you often and pray that things are settling down some for you.

    Always a joy to stop by your blog! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Chapel ~ WOW!!!!!

    Great list, too:)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really don't know how to comment about such a beautiful list...or which ones to highlight. So many made me smile or think about something special in my own life. I just know I would enjoy spending a day with you...and we both could talk about the same book on exposure we were reading. (o:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!