January 13, 2012

A Lame Week


It has been a lame week in the photography department.  The only photo I took was this one as I walked out of my office on campus one evening.  No tripod or planning, just a camera and a snap.  Lame.  I've been working late every night for the last two weeks which is part of the reason I'm finding it hard to find photography time.  But, I've been blessed each night to leave the building I work in only to be faced with a glorious sky such as this.

Now, take a peek below.  I've got some questions for you!




Do you work full-time outside the home or inside the home? - I work outside the home, but I don't have children.  If I did have children, I would want to stay home with them.  My house would also probably be a lot cleaner. (I hope)

What is the favorite part of your day? - My favorite part of the day is probably the hour I have between the time I get up in the morning and the time I actually start getting ready for work.  I drink hot tea, read my Bible, visit with my husband, blog.  I squeak every minute out of that hour that I can before I hop in the shower.

Sunrise or sunset? - I prefer the sunset probably because I'm not much of a morning person even if I have to get up early, but the sunset also seems to usually have more intense and glorious colors.  But really should I even ask you to choose? They are both beautiful reminders of God's presence!

Do you have any questions for me?

Let us know if you have a photo posted today that you'd like us to check out!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Stephani I am a bit behind!! Love the photos you have posted in your last few blog posts. This one of the sky as you are leaving work is amazing. I also loved the waterfall at Lake Catherine - gorgeous!!

    As for questions...

    Do you work full-time outside the home or inside the home? - I work part-time outside the home (also at a college)

    What is the favorite part of your day? - I am torn on this one...it could be the hour or so in the morning when I have quiet time, blog, pray, etc. But I also like the evening sometimes before sometimes after dinner when my husband and I sit and discuss the day.

    Sunrise or sunset? - I really like both, but when sunrise is really early, I am not usually up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish I had the photography talent! I so enjoy your shots and I happen to think this is a really great shot.
    I work full to e outside my home. I'm also in education.
    My favorite part of the day is right before I tuck myself in to bed. I spend time reflecting on my day, I pray, read a psalm or a devotional, then snuggle down and go to sleep.
    I love the sunset better.
    Hope your weekend finds you doing alll the things you love and capturing some great shots.
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to visit with you this evening and enjoyed your answers to the questions. It's always fun to learn more about my bloggy friends. Blessings Stephani, I do hope things are settling down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo and great questions, Stephani!

    Let's see -- I'm a stay at home farmwife/ironworker's wife. Let me tell you, the house is not any cleaner since I retired. ;)

    My favorite part of the day is the same as yours -- early morning. I don't feel as if I have to do anything but what I want to do!

    Toss up between sunrises and sunsets -- where we live out in the sticks -- they are both equally lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steph!
    I have sort of committed to posting something spiritual on the weekends, I'm not always too organized, but I would like to link up here on Fridays when I have my act together.(O;

    Well, I work out of my home (sort of) during the summer months in our fields where we grow plants for the green roof industry. During the winter I volunteer at church and try to get everything done here at our home that doesn't get done in the growing season.

    Favorite part of the day? That's a tough one....it changes because our routine changes seasonally. Probably the morning, but I can be a night owl, working on projects late after my husband (and dogs) have gone to bed.

    And even though the colors of a sunset have such a "wow" factor, I love the mornings...coffee, walking, a devotional and the starting the day with, "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

    Have you ever vacationed in my neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephani: Happy New Year!
    Your picture is exquisite. I had time to visit one blog today adn yours is it and well worth the view:)
    Hoping your work schedule evens out soon...
    With joy,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I like your questions!

    I would say I work full time inside the home! Ha! I'm finding out this year just how difficult "getting it all done" is when homeschooling is in the mix!

    Favorite part of the day is my first hour and a half of the day. I get my coffee and read my Bible. All by myself. Everyone else in the house is still asleep.

    Sunset - I have never seen such glorious sunsets in my life as I've seen since we moved to NM.

    My question for you I asked in another comment...but, when is your birthday? :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!