January 27, 2012

Blueberry Coffee Cake

Being late with this post is proof that it's been a long day!

Had to drive out of town for a house closing, drive back into town, pick up my brother at the airport, swing by for a visit Mom and Dad, and round out the evening at Santa Fe Steak House with my husband.

Now I'm back home, plopped in my recliner, and ready to share some yummy goodness with you.

I'm sure any blueberries will do for this recipe, but I highly recommend that you go blueberry picking in the Summer if you have never been.  Lots of fun, and you can freeze all the berries you get, and eat them all year long!

Blueberry Coffee Cake
022-1


Cake:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries ( I actually use mine after they've been frozen)
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter melted

Topping:

1/4 cup butter melted
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

031-4


Preheat oven to 425.  In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Gently fold in blueberries.  In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and butter.  Add to the flour mixture and stir carefully.  Spread into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan.  Combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.  Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until top is light golden brown.  Serve warm or at room temperature.
Print Friendly and PDF

I know you'll enjoy this one!

Now a few questions for you:

1.  Do you eat breakfast every morning?  If so, what do you typically eat? - I rarely eat breakfast during the work week.  If I do, it will usually be oatmeal or a poached egg on toast.  On the weekends I fix a big breakfast for my husband.

2.  Is your spouse a good cook?  Yes, my husband is a great cook.  He doesn't cook real often, but everything he fixes is usually very good.  The last thing he fixed was just this week and he make homemade fish chowder with some of the fish he caught in the Spring. We always have a freezer full of fish!

3.  If you knew you were going to be eating your last meal, what would you want to eat?  My favorite dish is a curry chicken dish of my aunt's.  I would definitely have that.  For dessert, I would probably want at least one of my caramel brownies.  I just made some for my neighbor, and I told my husband if I could only have one more dessert, that would be it.


Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. Answering your questions gives me a headache so I'll pass, but thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I typically eat for breakfast?? When I do it is usually granola with vanilla yogurt. I do like a scramble egg too. My husband was not much of a cook, but he did know how to fry a mean egg. Have a great weekend Stephani, and your coffee cake looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. yes, usually cereal 2. yes he is the cook in this house and i am the baker - and your recipe looks yummy! 3. bacon and eggs with toast 4. thanks for your comment and i talked to A. about how to pray to Jesus in which he replied "yeah i already know how to do that" :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much of a blueberry fan except in muffins, but that coffee cake does look yummy.

    Yes, I eat breakfast, usually fruit and oatmeal or peanut butter on toast.

    My husband is an EXCELLENT grill cook and usually cooks on the weekends. We enjoy cooking together.

    Don't know what my last meal would be...probably a good steak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful! I love breakfast and have either a muffin or oatmeal. My husband is an excellent cook, I'd gladly give the apron to him anytime! Last meal would be hard to pick....I do love a good steak and dessert? ...hmmm. Anything with chocolate! I think breakfast and coffee as soon as my eyes are open!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!