January 24, 2012

Still Standing

2 Corinthians 4:8-10

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.  We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.  Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.

This house has weathered the storms of 100 years, and it still stands.  Like this old house, my life has weathered storms and will weather more, but by the grace of God I will continue to stand until my journey is over, and I find myself sitting at the feet of Jesus.

080-2



The Mauney House built in 1911 and located in Murfreesboro, Arkansas near Crater of Diamonds State Park.  M.M. Mauney's home stood on many acres of diamond mining land and was the center of the Mauney diamond mining operation.


Sharing with:

11 comments:

  1. I love that scripture passage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!

    Whiteout, for outdoor wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely capture of nostalgia and contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, and what a beautiful house to go with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be great to have seen that house in it's glory day?! Beautiful pairing of scripture with photo, Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great imagery for your devotional... Fabulous picture. With the Lord's help we can stand :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful verse and a photo to match. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photography and super verse to keep close to our hearts. Truth.
    Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a building...and I have Crater of Diamonds State Park on my Bucket List too. The texture in that photo is superb!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!