November 6, 2011

Chili

I came down sick on Thursday, missed work on Friday, and was pretty much sick all weekend! But, I do have a couple of highlights to share.  First, please go here to read my earlier post about my earthquake experiences this weekend.  Yes, I said earthquakes.  We had 8 with in 24 hours.  It was a wild ride!

I survived the earthquakes and my weekend was not a complete wash because I made my first pot of chili for the season tonight for dinner!  And since I love my readers so much, you can make your very own pot tomorrow!  Here you go . . .

CHILI


 
INGREDIENTS:
2 pounds chili meat
2 cups tomato juice
3 cans (8 oz.) tomato sauce
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 ½ cups chopped onion
1 small green bell pepper chopped
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon white sugar
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
¼ cup chili powder.

DIRECTIONS: 

Brown meat over medium-high heat. Drain and crumble.

Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.  Simmer for 1 ½ hours on low.  Even better when cooked a day ahead and reheated.

And of course, you must add cheddar cheese (Yes, that's cheddar cheese.  Did you know the orange cheddar cheese has food coloring to make it orange?) and a dolop of sour cream.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I linked up my own post just to test it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I like this idea. I hope to link up this week, hopefully by Tuesday! Your pictures of the Chili are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea....in fact I will link my latest post on the weekend time change...thanks!! PS your chili looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...that chili sounds SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!! I just linked up. :)

    The chili looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good, I haven't made chili this fall yet, will give your recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephani!

    I'm still not blogging, but thought I would visit a few blogs today.

    The earthquake experience sounds terrible. I must admit I would be scared not knowing what damage it was going to cause.

    I would definitely hate to lose my knick-knacks. I would probably be caught outside in my p.j.'s...Here it is 11:00a.m. and I'm still in my p.j.'s. Hoping no one comes to the door :)

    Your chili looks yummy!!

    Hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!