November 4, 2011

Fuel for the Journey

I've been amazed to find that when we move with Jesus we can be at rest even when we are running.  And with Jesus, we don't just run to and fro, we run with purpose.  He is rest, and he is fuel all at the same time.  I love him for that.  I just love him.

I shared the above words with my friend just a few moments ago when commenting on her blog.  And as I finished writing them, I began to sob.  Just overwhelmed with the goodness of God, that's all.  When you walk through dark places without stumbling that is when you really begin to see who he really is and how much he really loves you.  When you are out of gas with a supernatural tank full that keeps you going, that's when God's work really gets done.

If you are going through a dark place, haunted by what might be lurking ahead, just grab hold of him, and run fearlessly free because Jesus has you, and that's all you need.

Deuteronomy 1:21
Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.


What land has God asked you to possess?  What fear has he asked you to conquer?  What task has he asked you to complete?  What mission has he asked you to accomplish?  Go forward without fear, full of his strength, and light for the journey.

Sharing with:  Spiritual Sundays

10 comments:

  1. Great post Stephani, definitely spoke to me. I do hope that your parents have had a good week and that you have felt surrounded by God's peace as you continue on this journey with them. Blessings for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephani,
    I loved this, but this....this wrapped around my heart..."And with Jesus, we don't just run to and fro, we run with purpose. He is rest, and he is fuel all at the same time. I love him for that. I just love him."

    Absolutely beautiful...and oh, so very true.

    Thank you for blessing my heart tonight~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!

    God bless you and strengthen you, Stephani, as you continue to minister to your dear parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephani, This is an amazing post! I'm running with Jesus all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the encouragement, it's been a rough week... just give me Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "He is rest, and he his fuel all at the same time." Oh, AMEN and what a marvelous mystery. This is a lovely post, Stephani. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With God all things are possible. Without him everything is futile.
    Thank you for this encouraging post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Stephani, I needed to read those last few words. I'm claiming them for this week. I'm ready to "Go forward without fear, full of his strength, and light for the journey."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!