October 29, 2011

Just a Bump

My phone rang this morning at about 7:45 a.m.  The caller I.D. said "Nursing Station" which I know belongs to the cell phone at the nursing station where Dad lives.  I heard David's African accent on the other end of the phone.  David is an amazing nurse that is on duty on weekends.  He was calling to let me know that Dad had fallen and bumped his head.  "He is okay, just bumped his head and wanted to let you know.  He's still very unsteady on his feet." 

Dad has only been out of the hospital for two days.  I received a call at 11:00 p.m. last Monday night letting me know that Dad had been taken to the hospital.  The diagnosis was bacterial pneumonia.  He's "home" now, but still on antibiotics and taking breathing treatments.

When I have the emotional energy to write about what God has been doing in my life through caregiving for my parents, I will do that, but these constant calls to rally to meet my parents' needs are strengthening me spiritually.  The more I give, the more I feel lifted by God's righteous right hand.  God's ways are not my ways, and he constantly amazes me with his methods.  I would abolish sin and sickness if I could, but God uses all of it for the good of those who love him.  Even pneumonia.  Even Parkinson's.  Even Alzheimer's.  There is nothing I can experience that I cannot praise him in the midst of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!