October 24, 2011

1000

Another list of random items as I continue counting my blessings.  The big news is, I reached 1000 with this post!  Do I continue to record my blessings here?  I'm not sure.  I may just continue writing in a gratitude journal or recording them on my Multitude of Gifts page.  Since I don't make this post every week anyway, I am leaning towards continuing on my Multitude of Gifts page, but not making a regular post here.  Any ideas?  It's a rainy evening as I record my thoughts here and as I hope that the rain delay of the OU football game does not last too long!

976.  the smell of freshly fallen rain on the concrete

977.  the sound of thunder

978.  a sunset and lightening in the sky at the same time

979.  the sound of my husband hammering

980.  the sound of my puppy drinking water out of his bowl

981.  writing prayers to God because somehow I think I can be even more real when I write to him

982.  being honest with God

983.  not trying to hide things that can’t be hidden anyway.  He knows it all

984.  a weight lifted

985. starting again

986.  the sound of cars on the wet road

987.  watching the neighbor girl learn to train her puppy

988.  artichoke dip

989.  another OU football game

990.  finally getting a package shipped to niece #4

991.  niece # 2 who is so willing to help with her grandparents

992.  weather radio that lets us know we are in a severe thunderstorm warning

993.  twelve- year- old comfy t-shirts.  (I’m wearing a t-shirt that I bought on my honeymoon!)

994.  air conditioning units are off for the season

995.  emergency call button in my Mom’s apartment

996.  good friends and neighbors to visit Mom and go to meals with her

997.  a husband who calls to tell me to look at the sky and the cool storm clouds

998.  asking him if I need my camera, and he says no.  He was right, but I took it anyway

999.  no cool sky photos to be had, but I took a photo of the wet windshield of the old 65 ford

1000.  Reaching 1000.

A blessing captured . . . the old 65 Ford F150.  I did take this picture in the rain.  It wasn't raining hard so I just put my lens hood on and snapped quickly and ran back inside!


7 comments:

  1. As always, your photo is GREAT! I love this list and I like the idea of continuing on the Multitude of Gifts page.
    I am following your other blog and can relate to what you are going through. My parents are almost 90...you and I are on similar journeys.

    Bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading gratitude lists because it makes me stop and think about what i am grateful for and gives me a glimpse at the blessings and joys in your life. I like reading them here, but will click on your list elsewhere if i need too! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 1000, Stephani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on reaching 1000! I still have a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 1000!! I didn't post mine online - perhaps I should have. I'm over 1000 now in my journal - and am just loving doing it. Your list is great and your photo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting to 1000. I am sure that your outlook on life as changed through this journey. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like this post...an attitude of gratitude makes one happier and healthier..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!