September 11, 2011

Ten on 10 ~ a day of photos

On the 10th of every month, stop every hour for ten hours to take a picture of something around you.  Then, share your ten photos.  That's what we do at Ten on Ten.  And, today is my first time making a Ten on Ten post!  I have attempted to do this before, but let me tell you, stopping every hour is not easy to do!  Plus, today was a stay at home and get things done day, and there are just not that many interesting things in my house to take a picture of!  These photos were not taken every hour on the hour, but somewhere near there :) I did the best I could!  I have also linked up with a couple of other photo challenges, and you will see their links along the way.  So,  here we go . . .

Sevenish (a.m.)

I took this photo during my "white space" time this morning.  I took many photos of the sunrise, but this was the first one I snapped.  There is a story behind these sunrise photos and I'll be writing more about that and my "white space" time next weekend.  So stay tuned for more!

I am also sharing this photo with SOOC Sundays


Elevenish (Yes, there is a 4 hour gap here, but I'll get back on track!)

Bacon, bacon, bacon!


Twelveish

Bought the 24 pack of eggs today.  We go through LOTS of eggs!

I am also sharing this photo with Scripture and a Snapshot


Oneish

My planner.  It is a big, red 8 x 11 1/2 notebook.  It includes a daily/monthly calendar, file folders, calculator, pockets, etc. etc.  It helps me stay on track with what is going on in my parents lives since I spend so much time tending to their needs, and it helps keep me focused on my own responsibilities.  And yes, I schedule plenty of playtime.


Twoish

I think this one is self explanatory.


Threeish

I bought my first scented candle of the season.  The scent is Farmer's Market by Yankee Candles. Smells great, and is really getting me in the mood for Fall! I was taking a photo of the candle, but decided I liked this shot the best which has one of my beautiful nieces in focus in the background.  She is 18 and a freshman in college this year.


Fourish

Flowers on my coffee table.  I couldn't decide so I made a collage of three.
I'm also submitting this one to SOOC Sundays.


Fiveish

My puppy was having nothing to do with having his picture taken.


Sevenish (Yes, I missed an hour.)

Preparing potatoes for dinner.


Eightish

Last but not least.  A pretty votive candle glowing in my dining room.


So there is my Ten on 10 post!

I'm also linking up wtih Simple Things because these are all the simple things in a simple day.


ten on ten button

I really enjoyed participating in Ten on Ten.  It was great photography practice, and truly a challenge!

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful sun picture!!! Loved your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful... I cam over from Scripture anda snapshot.. but am loving your ten... I never have managed a 10 on 10, so i am envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Happy SOOC Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, what an endeavor and how impressive! I even love the picture of the potatoes! :o) And, a planner, I do not know how folks live without one. I keep my life in one. Happy Lord's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely stephani! i'll have to do the 10 on 10 sometime...although i'm concerned the shots would be much too boring.

    have a blessed sunday~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo challenge. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing shots ~ all of them.
    You're a woman after my own heart ~ I still use a "planner".
    I subscribed via email. Looking forward to reading more and viewing more shots from you.
    Happy SS&S...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Stephani! This is a nifty idea! Following a day with a shot an hour - and wow - you have some really great photos here! I'd find it hard, too, to stay on track with the time! Let alone subjects. Quite a challenge - that's what makes it fun and interesting, though!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a really pleasant day. All of your photos are very interesting, I love the "everyday" photos as much as the "wowsers". Enjoy your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WE go through a lot of eggs here too. And bacon. Love it. The verse you included on your eggs is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by and you have a wonderful first 10 on 10!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you planning to come up with this meme? This is my first time to visit your blog and I love it! You take really great pictures. :) Visiting from SOCC. Have a nice day.



    Jing

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was fun!! Love the idea...it really reflects your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for letting me know you were there Stephani...it's lovely to *meet* you. :)

    I think the *everyday* things of life have so much beauty in them...you captured your day wonderfully well. :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stephani,
    These pictures are AMAZING! Oh, how God has gifted you. I love them, and this post has blessed me so much this evening. What a testimony they are to the many gifts God pours out on us over and over every day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun, Stephani! I will have to check out the Ten on Ten challenge! Love your other submissions, too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your ten on ten post.

    I love the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how I love some bacon! :) Great shots, girl. I can't pick a fave.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a very good day and that chicken recipe looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!