One of our favorite things to eat at our house is my oven fried chicken. I came up with this recipe as a solution to fried chicken without white flour and without deep frying. Now, we like it better than traditional deep fried chicken.
Ingredients (Notice I don't have exact measurements. I kinda wing it on this one. You can do the same. The wheat is the primary ingredient, then the cheese, and a little bit of everything else.)
Enough chicken pieces to fill a 9x11 baking dish - We like dark meat so we use all thighs.
Water (1 tablespoon)
Wheat flour (approximately 2 cups - or more. I eyeball this to make sure I have enough to get all the chicken pieces covered)
Grated parmasean cheese ( about 1/2 cup - or more)
Paprika (about 1 tablespoon)
Pepper ( about 1/2 teaspoon)
Salted butter (1/2 stick)
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray
3. Combine flour, parmasean cheese, paprika, and pepper
4. Beat 2 eggs and water
5. Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in wheat mixture, place pieces on plate
6. Melt butter and pour in bottom of baking dish
7. Place chicken pieces in baking dish, top side down.
8. Bake for 30 minutes and then turn pieces
9. Bake for another 30 minutes and serve.
Hope you enjoy!