September 13, 2011

My Oven Fried Chicken

One of our favorite things to eat at our house is my oven fried chicken.  I came up with this recipe as a solution to fried chicken without white flour and without deep frying.  Now, we like it better than traditional deep fried chicken.

Ingredients (Notice I don't have exact measurements.  I kinda wing it on this one.  You can do the same.  The wheat is the primary ingredient, then the cheese, and a little bit of everything else.)

Enough chicken pieces to fill a 9x11 baking dish - We like dark meat so we use all thighs.
Eggs (2)
Water (1 tablespoon)
Wheat flour (approximately 2 cups - or more.  I eyeball this to make sure I have enough to get all the chicken pieces covered)
Grated parmasean cheese ( about 1/2 cup - or more)
Paprika (about 1 tablespoon)
Pepper ( about 1/2 teaspoon)
Salted butter (1/2 stick)

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 425
2. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray
3. Combine flour, parmasean cheese, paprika, and pepper


4.  Beat 2 eggs and water


5.  Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in wheat mixture, place pieces on plate


6. Melt butter and pour in bottom of baking dish


7.  Place chicken pieces in baking dish, top side down.

8.   Bake for 30 minutes and then turn pieces

9.  Bake for another 30 minutes and serve.


Hope you enjoy!

Sharing with:  Sweet Shot Tuesday    Communal Global    

10 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, easy enough and a lot less mess than traditional fried chicken!!

    Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks so good. I grew up eating friend chicken. The "bad for you" kind. I've made it in the oven a couple of times and it was very good. Now, you have me craving it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, Stephanie! I used to do a variation with a baking mix and then had to stop since my hubby cannot have a lot of salt. I think I may try your recipe. Thanks so much sharing!
    Hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that looks soooooooooo good. I'm going to have to try this, soon!

    Great shots, thanks♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum...must try. so did you know you made a funny? you just "wing it." get it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to try this Stephani!
    I am a pretty good cook, but have never once been truly successful with fried chicken! This looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this just looks too good! I'll have to try it as we love fried chicken but this gal doesn't fry food. :o) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recipe -- this looks positively do-able -- and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephani,
    Your pictures continue to amaze me, and that chicken, even without the white flour, looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!