After missing 3 days of work from being sick and going several days with little to no sleep, the weekend found me getting back to some semblance of normal and seeking to recognize new blessings. So here I continue my gratitude list.
946. a pot of beans cooking on the stove
947. a good night's sleep after having had only 5 hours sleep over a span of 3 days. Yes, my insomnia hit hard last week.
948. pizza and good conversation with my niece and her husband
949. listening to the OU game on the radio. Boomer Sooner. OU beat Missouri 38-28.
950. getting zero comments on my last post. It was a reality check and confirmation that I am doing the right thing. Although it stings a bit. I don't want people to comment just because I linked up to a meme. I want people to comment because they think I have posted something worthy of a comment. So it truly is bringing me full-circle to posting for myself and letting God use what I say or create to bless someone. I really want it to bless others. But, if one week, I am the only one blessed, then that is God's business. This is his blog, not mine. I'll keep posting what is on my heart and linking up when I can.
951. visiting with my aunt on the phone. She needs prayer. She has skin cancer and has developed an infection that is preventing surgery. She is one of those people who you will never hear complain.
952. public confession by a Sunday school member this morning. It was so refreshing. If we can't be honest with our brothers and sisters in Christ, who can we be honest with? Masks are just unnecessary weights.
953. the smell of a clean fresh towel when you dry off after a shower
954. the Swiffer. It's such a handy little tool.
955. getting quite a bit done this weekend after being very sick for 3 days. Even though I was a Pinterest zombie I still managed to get all but one of my to do list items checked off.
956. learning through the book of Acts
957. hearing through our open windows the sound of the local high school football team playing football and doing quite well to boot
958. buttery popcorn
959. looking forward to having my new glasses tomorrow. I'll have to share a pic.
960. candle lit room + open windows with "cooler" temps = serenity
A blessing captured . . . light