September 25, 2011

Gratitude By Candlelight

After missing 3 days of work from being sick and going several days with little to no sleep, the weekend found me getting back to some semblance of normal and seeking to recognize new blessings.  So here I continue my gratitude list.

946.  a pot of beans cooking on the stove

947.  a good night's sleep after having had only 5 hours sleep over a span of 3 days.  Yes, my insomnia hit hard last week.
948.  pizza and good conversation with my niece and her husband

949.  listening to the OU game on the radio.  Boomer Sooner.  OU beat Missouri 38-28.

950.  getting zero comments on my last post.  It was a reality check and confirmation that I am doing the right thing.  Although it stings a bit. I don't want people to comment just because  I linked up to a meme.  I want people to comment because they think I have posted something worthy of a comment.  So it truly is bringing me full-circle to posting for myself and letting God use what I say or create to bless someone. I really want it to bless others.  But, if one week, I am the only one blessed, then that is God's business.  This is his blog, not mine.  I'll keep posting what is on my heart and linking up when I can.

951.  visiting with my aunt on the phone.  She needs prayer.  She has skin cancer and has developed an infection that is preventing surgery.  She is one of those people who you will never hear complain.

952.  public confession by a Sunday school member this morning.  It was so refreshing.  If we can't be honest with our brothers and sisters in Christ, who can we be honest with?  Masks are just unnecessary weights.

953.  the smell of a clean fresh towel when you dry off after a shower

954.  the Swiffer.  It's such a handy little tool.

955.  getting quite a bit done this weekend after being very sick for 3 days.  Even though I was a Pinterest zombie I still managed to get all but one of my to do list items checked off.

956.  learning through the book of Acts

957.  hearing through our open windows the sound of the local high school football team playing football and doing quite well to boot

958.  buttery popcorn

959.  looking forward to having my new glasses tomorrow.  I'll have to share a pic.

960.  candle lit room + open windows with "cooler" temps = serenity

A blessing captured . . . light



17 comments:

  1. Oh I am sorry to hear you've been sick. I missed 2 days of work last week, and finished and antibiotic and am only about 25% better. I think I will have to call the doctor again tomorrow. Public confessions are painful, but so refreshing. Really takes the weight off. Thankful the person had the grace to do so. Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is wonderful . I too have been doing one just myself and the Lord. It worth it and thank you for sharing yours or I would have never thought to do this or even look beyond it all. Your a blessing to me.
    Our small gift really makes a difference turning that into a big gift at times.
    I love the Scripture on the image.
    Feel better and sleep well tonight .
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you were sick and not sleeping, but glad you are feeling better. I love a fresh towel after a shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you were sick and not sleeping, but glad you are feeling better. I love a fresh towel after a shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know you are feeling better. I love your shot. ^_^

    Creative Exchange

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you were sick last week and glad you were able to rest this weekend and get back to your routine. I really love what you said about your Sunday school teacher being real and transparent. Authenticity is something missing in so many circles. So glad that you have that where you worship and grow spiritually.
    Hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better.

    I, like you, love your #953 ~ the smell of a clean fresh towel when you dry off after a shower. I smell it in y mind's eye now.

    Have a blessed MULTITUDES ON MONDAYS day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful list Stephani, and I too just love my Swiffer. so good for so many evils! :-)
    I am so glad you are feeling better. I have had a nasty cold for more than 2 weeks now. It just seemed to have found a home here! Tis the season I think!
    Continue to feel better!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephani, I did not realize that you'd linked up at The Creative Exchange today. Just stopping back to say thank you so much for doing so.

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stephani!

    Sorry to hear you were sick.
    So glad your feeling better!

    I enjoy stopping by your blog I just don't read blogs and comment as often as I should. I guess. I try to reserve a few days a week to spend reading blogs.

    I love my Swiffer duster.

    I also love buttery popcorn.
    I really need to go light on the butter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, Stephani!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love #950. Although I have to admit, I do like to read comments. :-) I don't like the hit and run commenters. I like it when my posts *speak* to others on a level that makes them want to respond. Hope you are on the mend. The Isaiah passage is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are feeling better and I just love reading your list. It really makes me stop and think about what is really important in my life!! I tagged you for The Versatile Blogger Award on my blog today. If you don't participate in awards or memes, that's perfectly fine. Just wanted to let you know. Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your list, especially the Swiffer. Everyone needs one! And, the smell of a fresh towel, YES!

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend and blessings galore! Thanks for stopping by with words of encouragement. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the composition of you photo and the lighting! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!