August 14, 2011

We Can Count On It

With the temperatures finally dipping down into the 90's, I'm reminded that fall really will return again, and winter after that.  The lake in this shot is frozen solid.  It was taken in February back when we were complaining about all the ice and snow.  How quickly things turn, and we find ourselves complaining about the heat and the drought.  I'm reminded of God's goodness through it all, and I don't want to be a grumbler.  The sun always rises, the sun always sets, and the seasons always change.  God is consistent, faithful, the same yesterday, today, and forever.  He can be depended on


Today I'm sharing with . . .

14 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the straight and narrow path to heaven. Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think of ice as being pretty, but that's a beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with complaining... what a great reminder that all will soon pass...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sunset colors. great shot! and quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful photo!

    I am thankful God is consistent.
    He can be depended on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We must think alike! The other day I was weeding on my hands and knees and as i rounded the corner of my yard, I had a flashback to winter, when I was in the same position taking a photo of a snowflake. It's hard not to grumble sometimes, but the amazing fact is we live in an awesome creation, from 10 below to 110, and things survive...amazing, isn't it. And God remains the same through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your photo is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo, and you are right... there is always something we COULD grumble about, but we are happier if we choose to focus on blessings instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely picture. Amazing that the colors are so warm on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful and I love how the ice is reflecting the sun's light, just as we should reflect God's light in all circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your photo and verse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shot! And wonderful reminder to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous shot...love this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just stunning.
    I love what Anita said and she is so right. I have often thought about that thought wind , hail snow , all the love remains the same . He never leaves us , not for a moment.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!