August 9, 2011

Looking Through the Fence

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." ~ I Timothy 4:12

I had a hard time getting a shot of this young one, but here we are -  he in his world, and me in mine.  Do we ever feel that way about our young people, like we are in different worlds?  I've discovered, maybe since I work at a University, that we have a lot more in common than you  might think.  Yes, our taste in music, clothes, movies, and parties might not always match up, but young people have fears, goals, dreams, questions, and yes, even answers.  To stop and have a conversation about what is going on in their world might just lead you to realize that their world isn't a whole lot different.  We may have some answers for them, and I know they have some answers for us.  Are we listening?  Are we getting to know them as the individually, God-created people that they are? Are we letting God use them in our lives?

Here are just a few links to some inspiring young people:


Linking up with:
Word-Filled Wednesday

18 comments:

  1. I love the pciture and the scipture! Just perfect! They seem to go hand in hand.
    Thank you
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I stopped by this morning! Your new look is beautiful! :)

    Praying for your family right now...hope you have a blessed day, Stephani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the color on this is divine. And the connection? Stunning impact. It's like he/she is coming right over to say hello. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture/scripture combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool picture! This verse is a great reminder to not hinder the work of God in our young people's lives. Thanks so much for adding it to The Wednesday Word :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great verse and photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, I so enjoy being with my granddaughters, they are sometimes wise beyond their years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so true, Stephani. What a great reminder to connect with our young people and take time to learn from them.
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about the young people and I love the picture of the calf.

    Bless you!
    Beth

    http://mydestinysharinghope.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this photo and verse combo!! joy & blessings,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to say, but we humans do have a tendency to live in our own little worlds. Especially, when we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the verse and photo. Great illustration.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for leaving a link to both of my blogs and commenting on my own blog to let me know! I appreciate it so much! (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful reminder. Each of us has something to give and receive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Indeed!! Great Word...some of my favorite gals in blog world are those 'young'ins!'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Calling by to visit another Outdoor Wednesday participant, your patience was rewarded he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We can learn a lot from those around us, despite the age differences. Glad I stopped by...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!