Wow! We had a wonderful weekend at the watermelon festival. I'll have a few photos to share in the days to come, but today I want to give glory to God for his goodness by continuing with my gratitude list! I'm getting close to 1000! My list today is filled with random items, but I recognize that all good gifts come from God! I'm also linking up my photos with a Creative Exchange. and August Break 2011.
876. God's supply
877. Having my step-son at church with us
878. Seeing God's hand at work in seemingly impossible situations. It's like God's hands are reaching down and separating the fog, clearing our vision.
879. Time off work and a weekend away
880. Going to the watermelon festival again this year
881. Not just going to the festival, but participating in it, as if it was our own small home town. The people have embraced us like it is our home away from home, remembering us from year to year.
881. Hubby defending his watermelon seed spitting championship, and also winning the spelling bee.
882. Entering a photo contest and winning first place in one category, third place in 2 categories, and honorable mention in 3 categories.
883. A splash of rain while driving down the highway. It created a steam bath with the hot temps, but when praying for rain do we dare complain about such a thing?
884. Sugar-free strawberry lemonade
885. Air conditioning as forecasters predict the hottest week in Oklahoma history
886. Enough watermelon for family and friends
888. Small towns
889. Rural Oklahoma
890. Safe travels
891. Reading God's Word as a family
890. A beautiful puppy who loves people and is loved back
891. My own bed
892. The sound of my husband walking through the house
893. Visiting Mom and Dad
894. My Dad's tears as he tells me he is proud of me
895. Whatever new thing God has planned for me
896. Clouds, even when they don't produce rain
897. Being where I am, and being content with it
898. Recognizing that God doesn't always send lightening bolt answers. Sometimes the answers are very subtle.
899. The privilege of talking to God directly, no middle man.
900. Yet having the Holy Spirit who interprets my prayers when I can't even speak them.
I'm linking this photo up with Creative Exchange today. I was so excited that it was raining that I just shot this through the windshield as we were driving. It's been so dry here.