August 22, 2011

Still Counting

For those of you who are new here, I've been working on a gratitude list, trying to reach 1000.  Of course it may go on beyond 1000 as I know God's blessings are limitless.  There is always something new everyday. I continue my list today, with more of the gifts I've received.


901.  a trip to the Tasty Snow, snow cone stand with my hubby and step-son. 

902.  a few hours alone with Mom while my husband took Dad out to lunch

903.  walking by my step-son's bedroom and finding him reading God's word time and time again.

904.  having my step-son tell me that he had just read the whole book of James and wanted to discuss it with us.

905.  sitting in our front yard, discussing the book of James

906.  holding hands and praying until it began to sprinkle

907.  making dinner together as a family

908.  more progress on the house renovation.  We have a new front door!  It is unfinished so hubby will be painting it red!

909.  the privelege to pray for blog friends in need

910.  the power of prayer.  I've seen it first hand!

911.  homemade coney dogs

912.  the buzz at the beginning of a new school year

913.  Terra Mediterranean Vegetable Chips

914.  hubby picking me up at work to take me to lunch

915.  sitting out on my front porch in the evening, and hearing the sound of Taps at the nearby Air Force base.

A blessing captured . . . an old Air Force plane



I'm sharing this photo with a Creative Exchange.  I'm sentimental about the Air Force and military in general since I live by an Air Force base and have family in the Navy.  The sound of Taps in the evening and Reveille in the morning definitely touches the heart.

13 comments:

  1. Stephani, those were special gifts indeed! My late father served in the war too so I feel for all soldiers.

    It is good to acknowledge our gifts. And your photograph is excellent and meaningful perfect for TCE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discussing James with your stepson-an amazing moment I would imagine. Wonderful list, enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many wonderful things to be grateful for, and truly how blessed you are for that.

    Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

    Sending you wishes for a beautiful Tuesday!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to discuss His word with your step son. Those are going to be special memories! Yay for a new front door. How neat to paint it red! Oh the sound of taps... nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photo!
    I love taps as well.
    Thank you for sharing your many blessing with us.
    They are numberous to count.
    Im thinking I should get this book 1000 gifts and do as so many other bloggers have I love it. I heard the book is excellent.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephani, your list this week makes me smile as I see answers to prayers. In joy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful list! Love. Loved the opportunity you had to discuss the Book of James with your step son and to pray with him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Stephani,

    Sounds like good things are happening at your house! Praise the Lord!! I love your list and the photo of the US Air Force plane...I, too, am sentimental about the military. My Dad retired with 30 years and I have numerous relatives still active.
    By the way, I used my gift certificate. I used it towards a new iPod, mine finally died. Don't laugh...I would have agonized over the expenditure w/o your gift!! Thank you!!

    I'll keep praying!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a wonderful list and a wonderful photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, you're almost there! Isn't it wonderful to realize how many things there are to be grateful for? That's a super photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this post. Thank you.
    I sit out on my swing at night and pray .
    Also this takes me back to my Dad who is gone but I was born and grew up Air Force. I would love to hear and see this again.
    Blessings come in so many ways and I have been blessed by my visit here tonight. Time to get some sleep.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!