August 12, 2011

Beauty

Is beauty in the eye of the beholder?  I had a professional photographer tell me once that when it comes to photography, beauty is in the eye of the artist.  So what may be beautiful to me, may not be to you.  But beauty goes way beyond what we see with our eyes doesn't it?


More than catching the eyes, beauty captures the heart.  Those people or things in our lives that cause us to take a deeper look, catch our breath, or walk a second mile are the beautiful things.

Since I caught the photography bug, my life has changed.  It's not just the way I spend my time, it's the way I see life.  I see moments now that I would have previously missed.  I see life through the lens, and as a result my idea of what is beautiful has broadened significantly. I praise God a lot more, and I praise him in the storms. This blog started as a way for me to be more deliberate about life, and to slow down enough to not just see the roses, or even to just stop and smell them, but to take it a step further and clip a few stems, create a bouquet, and use them to brighten up a room or a face. I'm learning to do that.

Something beautiful becomes exquisite when we give it away. It's similar to lighting someone else's candle with your own. The light grows when we do that.  Beauty is measured by the moments that make my life stand still, and yet move me to bless another's. 

I'm sharing at Five Minute Friday where we write for five minutes flat.  Today's theme is BEAUTY.

I'm also sharing at Camera Critters.

P.S.  Laughter is beautiful isn't it?  Can you be around it without being enriched?  Pass it on.  Laughter is contageous, and it's beautiful.

16 comments:

  1. Stephani,

    Beautiful post! I love the quote by Ansel Adams in the header too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the same thing to be true for me when I started taking pictures. What an absolutely amazing world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post! ;) I definitely like your way of thinking, and I have noticed I see life differently as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephani, I'm not sure how I landed here but I'm glad I did. I completely relate to your love for photography.

    I have bookmarked your site so I can stop by for more visits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephani Sweetie...
    Oh what beauty you have captured behind the lens of your camera. Does this beauty say "LOVE" or what? I can feel the little wet nose just looking and the softness as well. Thank you for taking me there this evening. I have so enjoyed myself.

    This is the Miracle Weekend makeover. I am one of the hosting sites. For every comment left, Guideposts magazine will pay a dollar, to the next cancer makeover patient. Please stop by and read the story about 9 year old Charlie, and bless me with a comment. Out goal between the 4 or 5 blogs is 5,000. I know we can do it. I would appreciate it, if you pass the word around to as many friends as possible.

    Thank you sweetie for a wonderful post. I love it. Have a glorious weekend. Country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and stunning capture. Your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW!
    What a lovely horse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The words you wrote are beautiful. That photograph is fantastically beautiful. I love the paint markings on that horse. You captured it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this.... "More than catching the eyes, beauty captures the heart." I'm not sure which captured my heart more...your photography or your words. Both are beautiful.

    I'm so happy to have found your blog.

    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful post this is Stephani!
    I truly enjoyed reading it.
    I love the photograph too. What amazing markings on this horse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A thoughtful post, Steph - but I'd expect nothing less from you. I joy in your "defined" beauty today - a definition close to my heart and artfully shared.
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a thoughtful post - and I can definitely relate to what you say.

    The shot of the horse is full of beauty and grace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel exactly the same way! Just as beauty is not only as deep as the skin a photograph is more than what we see with our eyes - looking through my lens changes the perspective of everything and I discover miracles along the way.

    And your shot is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post.
    Your words are so true and I feel the same since I started taking of photos.
    The portrait of this beautiful animal is great.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post and how true your words are .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!