This is my friend Nadene and her husband Ray.
Ray and Nadene are very close to my parents, and have been friends since before I even came into this world! Nadene is my mother's best friend, and is like a second mother to me. It seems like we just said hello; I heard her voice on the phone just a few days ago. But today, she's gone. She died suddenly yesterday from a heart attack - yet another reminder to me that we should love each person as if it is their last day on this earth. Today, I continue my gratitude list filled with the blessings of knowing a remarkable lady named Nadene.
861. A woman of God
862. Floor pacing prayers for me over the years
863. Her card ministry
864. A box full of cards and letters to look back and remember
865. Red hair to match her personality
866. A wonderful sense of humor
868. Her faithfulness to those in need
869. Teaching me how to care for my parents and take care of their affairs
870. Her tears when talking about her father
871. Her smile
872. Faithful friend to my parents, calling and visiting every week
873. A Christian all her life, afraid of water, courage to be baptized last year
874. A minister of Grace
875. An adoptive parent, literally to her own children, and figuratively to me
I miss her already, but because of Jesus I know where she is, and will be with her again one glorious day.