July 21, 2011

Trying To Keep It Real

What would you look like if . . .

there was a 110 degree heat index outside,

you had no air conditioning in your kitchen (or anywhere except the bedroom),

you were cooking dinner with all 4 burners going,

and you then went outside (it's hot remember) to brush the dirt off your puppy before letting him in? (he's dug a HUGE hole that he stays in to keep cool in this heat, and he comes out of it covered in dust!)

Well, this is what I look like . . . right now.  I did edit the exposure on the shot because it was way underexposed, besides when you blow out the exposure it hides some of the wrinkles!  Anyway, you can still see the dark circles, the blood shot whites, the dirt on my wrist from brushing down the puppy, and well, I'm just trying to be a little more real here by getting out from behind the camera.  After all we're all friends aren't we? 


 I must say I never noticed until I looked at this picture that my eyes match my kitchen walls!

I'm joining in with Embrace the Camera.  I hope Emily will forgive me, because we are supposed to include our kiddos in the photo.  I don't have kiddos, and as you know my hubby won't let me post his photo.  So, this week it is just me in all my weary glory!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet friend...so sorry! I pray that soon we can all get relief from this heat.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shot, friend. The overexposure works - your photography rocks!
    Stay as cool as you can...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Donna - your photography DOES rock!! I hope you get a break from the heat soon my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephani,
    I love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I give you credit, I couldn't cook in this heat. We have been surviving off precooked meals at the grocery store, sandwiches, and home cooked meals created by my parents. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)

    and- i love your eye/wall color!

    my doggie digs holes to keep cool too - must be a shepherd thing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!