July 11, 2011

A (Hot) Day In July

Outside my window . . . it is 105 degrees.  It seems we are having a slight cold front after yesterday's 109!

I am hearing . . . the air conditioning window unit in our bedroom, the only cool spot in the house.

I am creating . . . a disc of graduation photos and a slide show for my niece.

I am looking forward to . . . cooler temperatures.

I am thankful . . . for the police who protect and serve.  They really do serve.  We needed them this week and God used them to bring about an answer to prayer. 

I am praying . . . clear solutions where none can be seen.

I am hoping . . . we won't waste time by not recognizing God's direction.  I want to be so focused on him that I see the opportunities which hold his answers.

I am remembering . . . how God has been faithful over the years, and noticing how he has done it so quietly.  No lightening bolts with the answers to prayer, no snap of the finger solutions, but clearly God held answers that could not have come about any other way.  Solutions that have required me to trust him. 

I am noticing that . . . I am praying with more expectation and delight. 

I am reading . . . more blogs lately.  Since I was out of blogging for basically 2 months, I've been getting caught up!

Words to think about . . . "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. "
~ Helen Keller
A moment from my week . . . I spent Friday afternoon (I'm off work every Friday in June and July) organizing my parent's papers that had been piling up.  I sorted and filed.  Still more to do.

Something you may not know about me . . . I hate cleaning bathtubs.  But I got it done this weekend! High Five!

One of my favorite things . . . serving sick people and those who can't do for themselves.  It brings be me such joy to help alleviate another's pain.

For my picture journal . . . the hope of God painted on the sky!



Sharing at The Simple Woman.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that is hot! I hope it cools down soon. Praying with expectation and delight is so key in our lives. So thankful you are in that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness -- 105F! We've left the 100s for a few days and are happily in the 80s. Love that Helen Keller quote. I have her story on audiobook to listen to next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephani, I sense hope in this post. Praise the Lord! I will e-mail you later today or tomorrow. Blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh ... so hot! I have nothing to complain about with my 85 degrees! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved everything about your post today, Stephani - except, perhaps - those blazing temperatures! Dawn at "Feathered Nest" also posted a stunning sky photo at sunset. We only see it when we STOP - and take the time to look. Pursuing some STOP in my summer to do just that! Thanks for your interesting, simple life - love Miss Helen's quote - such insight supersedes the fact that she lacked tangible sight. Always inspiring!
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is some kinda heat. It's hot in Louisiana but that's even a bit hotter than we are. Loved your answers. You obviously have a real heart for God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post, Stephani! Well, everything except for the extremely high temperature! Hope it cools down soon. Everything you said about God and his answering prayers is so encouraging and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back and doing well, Stephani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephani, your trust in God comes through in this post. So glad to read your writing and view your excellent photography!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!