July 2, 2011

Be Still In the Hurry

I'm back!  It's so good to be back to this old familiar place!  The last couple of months have been pretty crazy, but the wonderful thing about the time I've had off from blogging is the time I've had on with God!  In the midst of the busyness, God had the time to teach me how to be still when I had so much to do.  I've discovered that the best way to get it all done, is to be still in Jesus, and when I am, I can calmly ride the waves. God's word is life.  Without it, we are starving.  I am richer and healthier than when we last met, and I praise God for that!  Are you in a hurry?  Have a lot on your plate?  Be still, and HE will move you.

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;    I will be exalted among the nations,    I will be exalted in the earth.”  ~ Psalm 46:10

The photo above might seem an odd choice to go with that scripture, but there's a story behind this photo.  You see the white horse in the middle?  He kind of looks like he's walking somewhere, but he isn't.  I stood and waited for what seemed like an eternity for this horse to move.  He stood in that exact position for who knows how long!  I never did see him move. He didn't move his head, his body, or blink an eye.  He stood ready, but still.  I don't know why; I don't know what was on his mind, but I too want to always be still, unmoved by what's around me, anticipating what God has in store for me.  "What's next God?  I'm still, but I'm ready . . .and I'm in awe of wonderful you."

Grace and peace to you all!  I hope to have a few updates on what I've been up to lately; I'm just glad to be blogging again.  See you soon!

Spiritual Sundays

15 comments:

  1. That's a great thought. Being completely still is much easier said than done, isn't it?! Welcome back to Blogworld.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photo and story to go with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, picture and reminder. Being still is very hard to do, often times we even try and rush God because we are impatient. I am learning to be still and trust.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back, friend. I've been continuing to pray for you and your dad and mom. I'll look forward to hearing what all the Lord is showing you in the stillness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the picture and the scripture. A needed reminder.
    Blessings,
    Gayle @ Behind the Gate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. So thankful you are refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to have you back, Stephani. Love the story behind that white horse and the reminder he was to you to wait in stillness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Stephanie!
    How very wonderful to see you back! What you say is so true....being still in Christ in midst of a raging storm is the only way to ride those torrential waves.
    I have held you in my heart and prayed for you and your parents these last few months.
    My mom is doing well. My daughter and her hubby are moving to Boston so he can pursue a Phd at BC so mom will be alone again. We are facing some decisions. I know you know what path we are traveling down.
    May your Sunday be restful and full of His marvelous blessings.
    Hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Stephani, so good to have you back blogging and what an awesome post. As you know, these past 3 weeks have "thrown me for a loop" and I am learning to be still and allow God to "do His thing" and trusting in Him for each step of the way. We are encouraged at this time and praying that the Lord will see fit for Daddy to recover to be independent once again. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photo and beautiful words. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back. I wish I could be as still as the horse. I have trouble with stillness. Sometimes God just wants us to "be still and know that I am God."

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi - i tried to leave a comment yesterday and blogger was being silly. 1. i am so happy you are back 2. i love your photo, it looks like it's from a fairy tale! 3. thank you for the email :) 4. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your a blessing. I love the photo also . Your message sits so well with me.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photo and the story behind it. I find it incredibly difficult to just be still!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very happy to see you back Stephanie! (Sorry it has taken me a week :-)

    Be still, and know that I am God...one of my favorite verses!!

    Missed you girl, but have been praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!