July 12, 2011

Hope

But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.
 ~ Psalm 9:18


When I saw this phenomenon in the sky the other evening, a ray of light breaking through a storm-filled swirl of darkness, I couldn't help but think of the hope that can always be found in God.

When the storms of life rage around me, God does not leave me in the dark.

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
(from the hymn, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus)

13 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. The sky is such an amazing site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really neat! I love how you connected it to God's faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, a perfect verse for a friend of mine today who's discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, my walking partner and I call it a "God Sky". As soon as I started reading the lyrics you posted, the beautiful tune (and the words from a distant memory) came rushing back. It was always one of my favorites. You continue to be in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning.

    And that hymn could not be more beautiful and true.

    Thanks for sharing this today.

    Hope your day is blessed♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sight.With so much out there to get us down, it's nice to be able to see beauty like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ray of sun photo is truly lovely....thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for commenting on my wee bit of a doggy blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!