July 2, 2011

July Sunset

It was so good to go out alone with my camera on Friday evening and take some photos.  For the last two months my photo taking has centered around events with family weddings, showers, graduations etc.  All wonderful events celebrating the lives of those I love so much.  I learned a lot about photography in the process and I have a long way to go in the arena of portrait and event photography!   I'm ready to tackle this photography thing with a new vigor!  I want to learn more about portrait and event photography especially since there is so much room for improvement, but my first love is still nature and wildlife photography.

Here's a shot SOOC.  My camera settings leaving this a little under exposed, captured the beautiful sunset that enveloped our sky on Friday night.


Glad to be back and am anxious to see your faces back here too!

11 comments:

  1. Awesome capture, Stephani.

    May her flag fly high & proud forever over this great land ... may God see the changes we need & grant us that blessing.

    Happy 4th, sweetie.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful straight out of the camera shot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Stunning capture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a stunning photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty sunset stephani! i love sunsets and sunrises...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back! And I'm still working on the portrait thing too, but like you, nature is what makes me grab my camera and start shooting! Happy 4th to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photograph... wonderful rich colours... http://nicolettenotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back. Great sunset with the silhouettes in front of the beautiful orange sky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad your back. This is just beautiful. I love the color and the sun is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!