May 25, 2011

As of Late

Where have I been lately? Well, I found this wonderful monthly meme hosted by Critty Joy called As of Late. So, since I’ve been gone from blogging for awhile, I thought this might be a good way for me to check in and let you know what I’ve been up to lately.
 
Lately . . . my time has been dedicated to anything and everything except blogging. It hasn’t been intentional really, but after a time away attending to other things I realized that it is much needed time away. With this post, I am not back to blogging on a regular basis, but I did want to check in and let you all know that I am peeking at your blogs and commenting when I have time. I do want to keep up with you. You come to my thoughts and prayers often.

Lately. . . I have been spending a lot of time with my parents lending support with all the needs that come up with aging and living with the types of illnesses they have. 
 
Lately. . . I have been saturating my mind with God’s word. God’s word is truly living and the more time I spend in it, the more my heart, soul, and mind are illuminated. There is nothing like bathing your being in THE truth. It has been life changing. So, I am in a season of intense spiritual growth. What a blessing to be God’s child.

Lately. . . I have been attending graduations! I work at a University so of course graduation is a priority in my life. Attending my students’ graduation was the first of three this season. Niece # 2 graduated from college this year, and niece # 4 graduates this Friday from high school.


Lately. . . I have been planning for 3 weddings this summer. Two nephews and one niece are getting married.

Lately . . . I have been attending wedding showers and buying wedding gifts.

Lately. . . I have been making a scrapbooked photo/guestbook for my niece’s wedding. I only have about 3 ½ more weeks to work so the pressure is on!

Lately . . . I have been developing new Bible reading habits with my husband. Every evening we sit down to eat at the dining room table and after the meal we clear the table and open God’s word and read aloud together. What a blessing!! We are currently reading through the book of Acts. God never fails to fulfill his promises and he is showing me that day after day!

Lately . . . I have been engaged in more responsibilities at Church. My husband is the Vice-President/President elect of our Sunday School class. Our Sunday School class has about 120 people in it, so it operates much like a small church. So, we have lots of needs to tend to.

Lately. . . I have been training a new employee at work. Not a job that I relish, but it has been a nice change of pace all though a hectic one.

Lately . . . I have been watching the Oklahoma City Thunder play in the NBA playoffs on the Internet since we don’t have TV. I work on the wedding guestbook with one eye on the game. That’s what I’ll be doing when I get done with this . . . scrapbooking and watching the game.

Lately . . . I’ve been spending time in tornado shelters . . . I do live in Oklahoma after all! J

Lately . . . I’ve only been taking photographs of wedding showers and graduations, but hope to get back to some more photography after I’m finished making the guestbook.

Lately . . . I’ve been missing you! I don’t know when I will be posting again, but hope to get back to a regular schedule after the June 18th wedding. By the way, I will have turned 45 by then. Yikes!

See you soon!

11 comments:

  1. So nice to see you again! And happy (early) birthday to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear from you Stephanie! I have been thinking of you and praying you are OK during this tornado season. Enjoy the weddings and graduations. Happy Birthday - early!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you and read wht you have been up to lately. I remember you and your parents in prayers. Mom is doing better. She has started driving again! My oldest and her husband are moving out and heading to Boston so she will be alone again. We are looking at options. Pray with us!
    Hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear about what you have been up to. Sounds like you have been up to some very important things and what a blessing to read about them.

    You are such an inspiration and I do miss you when you are away. And, hey, I'm 14 years past 45 and I'm saying a big YIKES!! Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephani! So glad to meet you and so glad you joined in for as of late! It is my most favorite things about blogging :) The linky is only open for 7 days...but we do this every month (you can find the date in my side bar) so if you want to join us next month the date is the 16th and the linky will be open until that next Wednesday!

    So enjoyed your as of lates.... graduation season is here and I love it so. Such joy in those moments. This summer if full of weddings for me too... another sweet thing in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss you! I totally understand a blog break. I spent time with my mom and got back here right in time for our planting season to start...I do all the weeding...almost 7 acres when all the fields are done. Sometimes blogging seems more like a chore on nights when we have been in the fields most of the day...but it is also MY time and relaxing. Finding the balance is the hard part. I'm glad you are OK...and busy with fun stuff, even if the pressure is on! I'm always impressed with couples that make reading God's word together a priority...
    Good to "hear" from you! And I look forward to seeing some more of those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow are you busy...
    So cool that you and your husband read the Bible like that together. That's a trait I hope to have in my marriage - should I be blessed to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your post, Stephani! So wonderful to read that you and your husband read the Bible together...it makes for a stronger marriage, for sure!

    Happy Birthday to you~Hope your day is super special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy also. Wonderful blog . Happy early Birthday to you , and being busy is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stefani,
    So good to see you again, but even better to hear what you have been up to. I see some beautiful things growing there--your time spent with the Lord, caring for your parents is a blessing that will keep giving long after they have gone to heaven (I know), scrapbooking (I planned to do that this summer but taught part of summer school and went to Alaska for our 35th), and spending time with family and encouraging your students.
    Happy birthday, you spring chicken! Wish I was 45 again! Oh, to have that energy.
    Love the Bible Study you are doing with your hubby.
    Sounds like you are leading a defined and spiritual life. Perfect!
    I miss your photos. Stop by if you get a chance and see ours from Alaska--I've been featuring them this week, June 25 through today. More to come. Wildflowers :)
    Love you,
    Janis
    Enjoy the ribs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!