April 18, 2011

An April Daybook

For Today . . . April 17, 2011

Outside my window . . . it is dark and hot.  It hit 91 today!

I am hearing . . . crickets singing.

I am creating . . . a scrapbooked guestbook for my niece's wedding.

I am looking forward to . . . getting caught up.

I am thankful . . . for the good time we had at retreat this last weekend.

I am praying . . . for discipline and a willing spirit.

I am thinking . . . I am overwhelmed with all that needs to be done, but I'm making progress.

I am hoping . . .  my husband will get well soon.

I am remembering . . . when I was much younger and life seemed so simple.  I had no idea what would lie ahead, but I know God's got it.

I am noticing that . . .  I have been a bit impatient lately.  I'm not sure what it is I am anxious about, but I feel impatient inside like I'm waiting for something to happen that isn't happening quickly enough. 

Words to think about . . . "God is bigger 'n what's the matter." - My Sunday school teacher.

A moment from my week . . . a wonderful communion service at the lake with my Sunday school class.

Something you may not know about me . . . I'm a big cry baby.  I cry at church, during movies, commercials, prayer, hallmark cards, loving gestures, surprises . . . anything slightly sentimental gets the waterworks flowing. 

One of my favorite things . . . happy tears.

For my picture journal . . . a roadside scene from last weekend.


HE IS RISEN!

7 comments:

  1. Stephani, so glad to read your words today. Praying for your husband to feel better and for grace you need in this season.

    Your photos are stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your answers.
    I'm a big cry-baby as well.
    Anything sentimental and I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to be back catching up with my blog reading. Hope it's nothing serious with your husband. And, we would make a "team" with the tears for sure. I can cry at the drop of a hat and I always feel so much better after a "good cry." It's very theraputic!

    Easter blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying your hubby will be well soon. It is good to see you here, sweet friend. Praying that your week is full of joy.
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blog and lovely photographs. Also the second time today I have been the 100th follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this post and the comment that you left for me today, too. Wonderful road side photo...looks familiar to my home :)

    I topped off your followers list, just now, becoming the 100th friend. That's a first for me!

    Oh, and I loved the idea of a photo book with the year in pictures - that's surely something I should think about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big cry baby too...but I am thankful for it most of the time...I don't want to go through life without strong emotions...both happy ones and sad. I'm cleaning here today...our cold weathr lingers and as much as i would like to beoutside, it's just too cold. Next week looks promising! happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!