April 19, 2011

I'll Never Forget

I'll never forget where I was, what I heard, and what I felt the day the bomb blast shook my house and rocked our community.  Today is the 16th anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing.  The more time passes, the less people remember, but tonight there are parents who are wondering what their baby would look like had he been allowed to live to 16, widows and widowers still saying goodnight to their lost loved one each evening, siblings who are now the only child, and countless people who survived but are permanently disabled by what happened that morning.  It took 2 seconds to kill, but the aftermath will last for eternity.


The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
 ~  John 1:5

To see more Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial photos please view my Flickr page.  There is a link at the top.

5 comments:

  1. A powerful reminder. Yes, the aftermath will last forever. I wish these kinds of terrorists acts didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the chills when I saw this post and I know I will never forget the image of the firefighter carrying the limp body of that tiny baby girl. This memorial is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo. And you are so correct that we need to be reminded, otherwise we will forget. So many ugly events have happened in the past 16 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember exactly where I was when the building was bombed. It's simply something you don't forget.
    What a lovey memorial and shot. I am your newest follower through Google Friend Connect.
    have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder of that terrible event. I had been in the Murrah building several times and knew people who worked there and some that were permanently disabled by that blast.

    To answer your question about the # of followers, I don't know. The only thing I can think is that the number is in black and so invisible on the black background.

    Have a wonderful Easter Weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!