March 6, 2011

Thank You Lord for All of It

"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink." ~ G.K. Chesterton
Thank you Lord for all that we partake of, not just our food, but all that you have so generously given us.

Just to name a few . . .

741.  The smell of green apple scented shampoo

742.  The waterfall of the shower on my head and shoulders

743.  Samoa Girl Scout cookies

744.  The cool of my husbands palm layed against my hot cheek

745.  Google Earth to plot course, mileage, and travel time

746.  Nikko Tea Roses dinnerware

747.  Sunlight reflecting off a chrome bumper


748.  The sound of my bedroom door creaking open as puppy pushes it open with his nose

749.  Renewal through God's word

750.  A glass of milk before bed

751.  The anticipation of quiet

752.  Beautiful Taiwanese college students that look like porcelain dolls - some cultures just have a distinct beauty.

753.  The willingness to seek forgiveness

754.  Sunlight filtering through the skylights onto the floor in a building

755.  The sound of high heals clicking down the tile hallway

756.  A good report from the doctor for dad - PSA down

757.  Blurred sun hidden behind feathery clouds

758.  The American flag flapping in the wind atop the flag pole


759.  The cross atop a hopsital called Mercy

760.  Mom and Dad weren't hurt when a car crashed through the wall into the building where they live.

761.  My brother's laugh - loud enough to hear through the phone while he's talking to mom

762.  Reading a story to my parents that I wrote about a conversation I had with God the first time my dad was diagnosed with cancer 12 years ago.

763.  Tears welling up as I read

764.  Ironing for Mom

765.  Dry cleaning for dad

12 comments:

  1. I love reading all the ways you are loving on your parents. You are special, Stephani. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all children could be so attentive to their parents?

    The Chesterton quote is thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful list and the quote by Chesterton makes me realize all the things I DON'T give thanks for on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Stephani! God bless you as you love so well on your precious parents. :)

    Praise God for His protection over them and for the good numbers for your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the smell of Green Apple and I like the waterfall of the shower on my head and shoulders.

    Looks like we are going to pass on Girl Scout cookies this year.

    Great report on your dad.
    Praise God your Mom and Dad were not hurt by that car.

    I love reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #'s 756, 758 and 760 are so special! Two of them dealing with the well-being of your parents and the other with our symbol of freedom flapping in the wind.

    A beautiful list, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In sharing what you're thankful for, you've shared your beautiful heart as well.

    Thank you for checking on me, Steph. I really appreciate that you took the time to do that.

    Sweet dreams,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good list! That is NOT your mustang, is it? Beautiful car...it's my dream car, especially if it's a convertible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy your "Gratitude List." Your parents are so blessed to have such a thoughtful daughter. May you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the scent of apples! You gotta love an old chrome bumper! The flag is beautiful... so is your photo. So happy to hear your parents were not hurt! I really enjoyed your list Stephani.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Stephani - grace before all we do! Blessings to you as you continue to journey with your parents in this season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And so it’s Wednesday and now there are all the Walk with him Wednesday posts to read – but I’m not done with Multitude Monday quiet yet :)

    My favorite “thank you” from yours list today was: 747. Sunlight reflecting off a chrome bumper (where do I start the reasons – first I remember seeing the first 747 land – live – it was like a miracle – second my first car was a 65 Mustang – and third - I was a flight attendant once – and ohhh – shiny!!) {smile}

    And amen – I heart this so, so much “What We Do With These Moments Matters” So true – thank you.

    This was kind of a joy to read today. Thank you. (◠‿◠)

    God Bless and keep you and all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First thing that struck me was the beauty of your blog! Just stunning! Second, was -- saying thank you, Lord for all we partake of. It just struck me that I should be saying grace while preparing dinner, not just as I eat it! Thanks for a fabulous post today. I shall not forget it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!