"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink." ~ G.K. Chesterton
Thank you Lord for all that we partake of, not just our food, but all that you have so generously given us.
Just to name a few . . .
742. The waterfall of the shower on my head and shoulders
743. Samoa Girl Scout cookies
744. The cool of my husbands palm layed against my hot cheek
745. Google Earth to plot course, mileage, and travel time
746. Nikko Tea Roses dinnerware
747. Sunlight reflecting off a chrome bumper
748. The sound of my bedroom door creaking open as puppy pushes it open with his nose
749. Renewal through God's word
750. A glass of milk before bed
751. The anticipation of quiet
752. Beautiful Taiwanese college students that look like porcelain dolls - some cultures just have a distinct beauty.
753. The willingness to seek forgiveness
754. Sunlight filtering through the skylights onto the floor in a building
755. The sound of high heals clicking down the tile hallway
756. A good report from the doctor for dad - PSA down
757. Blurred sun hidden behind feathery clouds
758. The American flag flapping in the wind atop the flag pole
759. The cross atop a hopsital called Mercy
760. Mom and Dad weren't hurt when a car crashed through the wall into the building where they live.
761. My brother's laugh - loud enough to hear through the phone while he's talking to mom
762. Reading a story to my parents that I wrote about a conversation I had with God the first time my dad was diagnosed with cancer 12 years ago.
763. Tears welling up as I read
764. Ironing for Mom
765. Dry cleaning for dad