March 8, 2011

A March Daybook

For Today . . . March 8, 2011

Outside my window . . . it has been raining.

I am hearing . . . birds chirpping.

I am creating . . . a blog post.

I am looking forward to . . . Spring break.

I am thankful . . . for a natural peaceful sleep supplement.  It doesn't seem to help me sleep through the night, but I am waking up more refreshed without being groggy.

I am praying . . . for peace of mind for my mother.

I am thinking . . . I need to call my niece and try to get together with her soon.

I am hoping . . . to take a Photoshop Elements course next semester. It seems I must not be a real photographer if I don't know how to use Photoshop! : )

I am remembering . . . before digital photography when all of those old photographs came out unclear, yellow and well, just plain bad.  We never thought twice about it.  But now that we know we can do something about it ,we delete everything that seems sub par.

I am noticing that . . . I am waking up more refreshed and have a bit more energy.

Words to think about . . . "Do not look at the faces in the illustrated papers. Look at the faces in the street."  ~ GK Chesterton

A moment from my week . . . My husband so kindly took my father to an OU basketball game.  It was an opportunity for Dad to get out of the apartment and provided opportunity for me to spend some time alone with Mom.

Something you may not know about me . . . I have insomnia.  I've been on a mission to do something about it, because it has become pretty out of control.  I think I'm making some progress.

One of my favorite things . . . a scrambled egg sandwich

For my picture journal . . . a bird in flight at Quartz Mountain


I am sharing my daybook with others at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

9 comments:

  1. Love that G.K. Chesterton quote! Blessings : )

    http://musingsandmeanderings-mlp.blogspot.com/2011/03/simple-womans-daybook-march-7-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with the photoshop thing. It is nice to have and I'm still learning how to use it, but I don't think it is a necessity to being a good photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture, it looks so peaceful!

    ♥: http://withlovekatariina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I'll make an egg sandwich for lunch. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have insomnia too, so I feel for you. Let me know if you find a way out of it. :-) My doctor has prescribed a few things, but they didn't work well for me, so I revert back to Advil PM every few nights to get some good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! xoxoxoxo

    It has been rainy/cloudy here too. No sun in days and rising flood waters - not at my house but around the county.
    I don't like that you have insomnia!
    Sounds like you are getting a better nights sleep now though and I hope it continues to get better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. D-1 basketball...nothing more exciting, IMHO! I would love to know what natural remedy you have for insomnia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your suffering with insomnia. Will pray that you find just the right treatment that will work and give you the rest you need.
    Also, continuing to keep your mom and dad in my prayers. How very sweet that your hubby took your dad to a game.
    have a lovely spring break...my daughter and I are going to New York for spring break!
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have trouble sleeping from time to time but not like I used to .
    My Prayers go out to you , your Mom and My heart and prayers for your Dad.
    Stay Strong and lean on Jesus.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!