March 15, 2011

Grabbing Hold

Luke 8:42-48

As Jesus went with him, he was surrounded by the crowds.  A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding, and she could find no cure. 


 “Who touched me?” Jesus asked.

Everyone denied it, and Peter said, “Master, this whole crowd is pressing up against you.”

But Jesus said, “Someone deliberately touched me, for I felt healing power go out from me.” When the woman realized that she could not stay hidden, she began to tremble and fell to her knees in front of him. The whole crowd heard her explain why she had touched him and that she had been immediately healed.  “Daughter,” he said to her, “your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”

I can think of no better way of letting go than by grabbing hold. There are days in my life when like the woman who had bled for a dozen years, all I can muster is an outstretched hand towards the fringe of his robe.  In those times I breathe a prayer to Christ and simply say, "I'm holding on to the hem of your garment." It's as if to say, "Lord, I'm hanging on by a thread, but I know it's your thread and that's all I need."


I'm letting go of sin, sickness, sadness and selfishness with garmet grabbing trust. I'm letting go of all it, by hanging on for dear life.

The moments, when hem touching is all we know to do, are black and blinding moments.  Times of strength drained fear or sorrow are what lead us to threads of grace. Are you extending your hand towards his hem with hope? Are you letting go by grabbing hold?  Can I pray for you?  Leave a comment or email me and I'd be glad to help you pray for fringe-in-your-fingers-faith!

Today I am linking up with:

10 comments:

  1. What an amazing post and gorgeous shots - thank you.

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. “garment grabbing trust”
    That’s what I want too, Stephani. I love how you're using this story.

    You can pray for me to trust him more with my physical body - I worry too much about things that could go wrong. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how inspiring! I love the "fringe-in-your-fingers-faith." Yes, there have been many times in my life when all I could do was hang on for dear life and I am quite certain there will be more to come. Thank goodness, the hem of His garment is never far from my reach. Thank you for blessing me this day with your words. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos... I have always loved the image of her grabbing his cloak. What a sign of trust that was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! You captured the fringe image exquisitely...it's how I imagine it in my mind...gorgeous! This was wonderful! Thank you for sharing your gift with us!

    peace,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent photos that go so beautifully with the verses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truly wonderful and inspiring post. That is a very nice message. Thanks for taking the time to drop my place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautifully written and photographed post, Stephani! I always come away inspired...I love the "fringe-in-your-fingers" phrase. Absolutely true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great thoughts and photos ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very thought provoking post.
    Thank you, friend!
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!