February 16, 2011

The Southwest

I stopped and took this photo on the way to Quartz Mountain last week. I love Oklahoma.  We have every kind of landscape imaginable - plains, mountains, forests, and more shoreline than any other state.  If you've never gotten off of the federal highways when passing through Oklahoma, you really haven't seen Oklahoma at all.  Horses however are pretty typical here!  I hope to show you more shots of Oklahoma in the days to come. The area where this photo was taken was so quiet and peaceful.  I hope I captured that.

15 comments:

  1. I have yet to see an actual mountain here...but I'll take your word for it. LOL

    Lovely capture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the open space for the equines.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the open country too. When we drove to Yellowstone from Wisconsin I was glued to the window of the car, watching the everchanging scene out my window! Rainstorms in the distance was my favorite thing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri - I guess you've missed some of the most beautiful parts of our state. We don't have the rockies, but we have some beautiful mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your picture looks so open I would love to visi there one day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oklahoma sure has elbow room. What a lovely landscape. Excellent job! See you next week.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love equine so that makes me really like your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just beautiful! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!! Love the mountians in the back ground. Love all the browns in the photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo! Quartz Mountain is an awesome place to visit and offers a brilliant summer arts camp program, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous shot! Love the warm colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!