It is truly a blessing on Valentine’s Day, and every day, to be married to the man of my dreams. A man so perfectly fitted to me that it had to be ordained by God. Is he perfect? No. Am I perfect? No. Are we perfect? No. But, we are inexplicably joined by a love that weathers and wonders it all - companions through and through. Today, I continue my gratitude list by celebrating my Valentine and sharing a sampling of why I’m grateful for him.
666. More humble in the presence of God than any man I have ever seen
667. A leader worth following
668. Still looks at me like he did in the beginning
669. Makes me feel like I have improved with age when in reality I see my twenties getting farther and farther away
670. Allows me to be his fishing buddy even though I slow him down sometimes
672. Protector of me and our home
673. Mr. Fix It. This man can fix absolutely anything!
674. Hands that reflect hard work and strength
675. Makes me laugh harder than anyone I have ever known. He has had me in tears from laughing more than once. He makes me laugh when I stubbornly try to remain angry or sad. He believes laughter is the best medicine and we have heavy doses of it in our home.
676. Expects more of me than I expect of myself - he forces me to grow.
677. Hungers for God’s word
680. Mediocrity is not in his vocabulary.
681. Does the dishes more than I and does them without complaining ; )
682. Makes the best pizza I have ever eaten
683. Thinks I’m the most wonderful wife in the world. (Did I mention he’s delusional?)
684. Forgiving – Always willing to start over
685. Believes in us
686. Knowledgeable about so many subjects
687. Has the gift of helps lending his hands and heart to others
688. Puts up with all my quirks
689. One of God’s voices in my life. God teaches me so much through my husband.
690. The most trustworthy person I have every know. There is such peace in this.
692. Soaks up every bit of life
693. Full of energy yet able to stop and smell the roses
694. A touch I can’t live without
695. He still gives me butterflies
696. Handsome beyond description
697. We enjoy so many of the same things. We pretty much do everything together.
698. The spiritual leader in our home
699. My best friend
700. Etc. etc. etc. Maybe I’ll pick this list up again next Valentine’s Day because I could go on and on!
Happy Valentine’s Day honey! I love you and am so very thankful for you!
Today I'm sharing my gratitude with others at A Holy Experience.