It was so dark then. There was no created light yet, but God was still hovering over it all. He was still present. Present in the absence of light. I’m reminded today that in our blackest moments, God still hovers. He is often unseen and unfelt, but there with his eye on me. It’s enough for me to know that today – enough to know that God sees me and he has a plan. He had a plan when he created light and separated it from the darkness, and he has a plan to achieve the same in my life.
Just like sunlight filtering through the cracks in a boarded up house, so are the blessings in my life today. They illumine my soul and remind me not to wallow in self-pity too long, but rather lift my face to the sun and feel its warmth.
616. a timely phone call and scripture
617. a husband who draws near and listens and makes me laugh even when I don’t want to
618. this outlet of blogging that helps me to not only share what God is saying to me, but hear it
619. a mother who’s deep love for me is evident in the tone of her voice when she expresses her concern
620. a father who seems to not be able to get enough of my company. I’m glad because there will come a day when I can’t be with him, and I’m beginning to believe there will come a day when he won’t remember me.
621. realizing that it is OK to be me, believe what I believe, and not always have to please everyone around me. Trying to always please others can be very exhausting. I’m thankful for a bit of rest.
622. Little House on the Prairie DVDs. Since we don’t have television it is nice to be able to have complete control of what we watch through DVDs.
623. black cherry tea
624. salad topped with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, green onions, blue cheese crumbles and homemade raspberry blush vinaigrette dressing.
625. brown rice topped with Swiss steak
626. a God who is consistent
627. a God who is constant
628. a God who shows himself
629. knowing God hovers over me even when it seems my prayers aren't being answered, and my circumstances don't change
Linking up with a A Holy Experience today.